Menu

Questions for Delaware People :)

We are visiting Delaware for the very first time to see Dewey and Rehoboth beach.

I'm having a hard time figuring out where to stay. Can you point me to three or four upper end hotels that would make enjoying the beach easy? My dad is paying and requesting that we find "nicer" hotels. From searching I've done, I can't get a feel for where we should stay.

Open to great family restaurants too!

Any suggestions very appreciated!

Alley

Well, personally, I prefer Bethany Beach to either Rehoboth or Dewey, so I doubt I'm much help here. I grew up in Wilmington, and we spent a large part of our summer at the beach.

We owned a condo in Ocean City, MD, so that's my favorite beach of all-time. LOTS to do there, great places to stay, and great places to eat. There are hotels at every beach, but the best way to stay would be a condo/house rental. I don't know if you could book one at this late date, but you could certainly check into it.

A few years ago, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Bethany beach at short notice and it was surprisingly nice. Short walk to the beach, too.

Well, personally, I prefer Bethany Beach to either Rehoboth or Dewey, so I doubt I'm much help here. I grew up in Wilmington, and we spent a large part of our summer at the beach.

We owned a condo in Ocean City, MD, so that's my favorite beach of all-time. LOTS to do there, great places to stay, and great places to eat. There are hotels at every beach, but the best way to stay would be a condo/house rental. I don't know if you could book one at this late date, but you could certainly check into it.

A few years ago, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Bethany beach at short notice and it was surprisingly nice. Short walk to the beach, too.

Thanks for the response! Is Bethany Beach relatively close to Rehoboth area?

Thanks again,

Alley