Menu

MP Christian Studies

atozmom

Has anyone ever used this with a regular bible and not the Golden Children's Bible? My son loves to read straight from his NIrV Adventures bible. Would it be too hard to line up? I see in the Teacher's guide samples that some of the activity questions focus on the pictures in the Golden Children's Bible. Is it like this throughout the study? Also are the maps in the MP materials or in the Golden Children's Bible? ANd one last questions....MP has Christian Studies listed for 3-7 grades. Those that have done it with a 3td grader, was it a bit much? Do you wish you would have waited longer?

Sorry for all of the questions so early this morning. :lol: TIA!!

You could make this work without too much effort. The student guide lists the bible passages covered for the lesson, so you could just read your bible. The memory verse for the week is from the King James translation, so you could either modify it or use it as is. The comprehension questions should be ok.

I know that one of the reasons MP uses the GCB is to acquaint the students with the more difficult language. However, if you want to use your translation, it shouldn't be a problem.

The maps are in the MP material. Quite a bit of writing. I think you could use it with any Bible.

Thank you.

I thought I remembered a post at one time where someone actually said they used another bible. Maybe I am imagining it as I can't seem to find it now. :lol:

We do! We use the KJV Bible to read each lesson, since it can be a few chapters, we spread each lesson over a week. The guide tells you at the top where in the Bible to find the story. It works great, I just ignore the parts that talk about looking at and discussing the pictures in the Golden Children's Bible. You can easily do the questions orally, which we do because I think it is a lot of writing, but I do have my dd8 do the review worksheets and test herself.

We do! We use the KJV Bible to read each lesson, since it can be a few chapters, we spread each lesson over a week. The guide tells you at the top where in the Bible to find the story. It works great, I just ignore the parts that talk about looking at and discussing the pictures in the Golden Children's Bible. You can easily do the questions orally, which we do because I think it is a lot of writing, but I do have my dd8 do the review worksheets and test herself.

Thank you :001_smile: