Menu

Updating your children's ages

KristenR

So I just realized that I still had my oldest daughter listed as 5 years old and went to change my signature so it shows her correct age here on the forum. That got me thinking that I need to update my blog's page where I have the girls ages listed.

For some reason I had a burst of sadness. I realize in the grand scheme of things 6 is still very young but as I changed the 5 to a 6 - wow - my eyes misted over. GEESH! If I get this sappy at such small milestones what the heck will I be like when I have an empty nest!!!!

So I just realized that I still had my oldest daughter listed as 5 years old and went to change my signature so it shows her correct age here on the forum. That got me thinking that I need to update my blog's page where I have the girls ages listed.

For some reason I had a burst of sadness. I realize in the grand scheme of things 6 is still very young but as I changed the 5 to a 6 - wow - my eyes misted over. GEESH! If I get this sappy at such small milestones what the heck will I be like when I have an empty nest!!!!

:grouphug: It goes fast, doesn't it? Meriwether (here) says that her mom says, "With young children, the days are long, but the years are short." How true.

I misted up when I changed my sig to reflect our upcoming (Aug. 6) start of a new school year -- and it's only K (twins) and 2nd and Mom-School! LOL! We are so sentimental, but we love our children.

I'm going to be a wreck! My dh is already making plans to keep me busy once our youngest leaves home. He doesn't want me to be sleeping in front of the dorms waiting to see my "babies". :D

Hopefully, my oldest will be married with children by the time the youngest leaves home, so I'll have new babies to love on and play with.

I'm going to be a wreck! My dh is already making plans to keep me busy once our youngest leaves home. He doesn't want me to be sleeping in front of the dorms waiting to see my "babies". :D

Hopefully, my oldest will be married with children by the time the youngest leaves home, so I'll have new babies to love on and play with.

Mine is more worried that I'll start bring home things for my grandbabies! He told me that I couldn't create a nursery in the house for my grand kids. But, oh the plans I will have concocted by then for the best grandma's spare bedroom by the time my grand babies get here! I'm hoping I can be the type of grandparent my parents have chosen to NOT be.

Wait til they start driving :auto: My baby is no longer a baby.

Wait til they are going on double digits "the big 1-0" and tell you that if they thought they were ready they would love to go to college with their older sibs. :001_huh:

Wait til they move into their dorm and you don't get to hug them every morning. :crying:

Wait til they are going into their junior year of college and start talking about getting married to the young person they started dating as a freshman. :eek:

Mandy

Truly there is something precious to enjoy at every stage of their growing up. Even parenting adults! I became a grandparent for a 2nd time over the weekend and knowing that my ds has a dd and ds of his own is just an incredibly emotional experience.

Of course, I have yet to experience not having toddlers of my own. When our 2 yr old is 5, I will probably have twinges of sadness, but we will looking forward to more grandchildren and that will be so much fun.

:iagree:

My dd keeps reminding me, "This time next year, I'll be getting ready to go off to college." :eek:

Yes, my DD keeps talking more and more about college now.

Wait til they move into their dorm and you don't get to hug them every morning. :crying: Mandy

:crying: Ok, this makes me want to cry already.

Wait til they are going into their junior year of college and start talking about getting married to the young person they started dating as a freshman. :eek:

Mandy

And I don't even want to think about this one yet. :ohmy::svengo:

Truly there is something precious to enjoy at every stage of their growing up. Even parenting adults! I became a grandparent for a 2nd time over the weekend and knowing that my ds has a dd and ds of his own is just an incredibly emotional experience.

Aww, congrats to you and your ds.

Oh, the teen years are there to prepare you for them moving on!

LOL!!! With three girls (and having come from a house with myself and two sisters) I am very apprehensive about the teenage years!! I always got along well with my little brother but man-oh-man did my sisters and I have some serious fights.