Menu

Singapore Essential Math K users... information, please?

angela&4boys

C-rods for book B

I made a 100-chart (blank) in Excel and used straws and coins to teach place value.

I printed out a blank calendar and filled in the day of the month each day.

Almost the same here, although I used an abacus and c-rods (instead of straws and coins) to teach place value -- you can see pictures here. In my opinion, it matters less what manipulative you use for this; what is more important is that counting and place value is reviewed daily.

Oh, and I was glad for M&Ms or other fun, preferably edible, counters ...

Almost the same here, although I used an abacus and c-rods (instead of straws and coins) to teach place value -- you can see pictures here. In my opinion, it matters less what manipulative you use for this; what is more important is that counting and place value is reviewed daily.

Super! I have the abacus on hand and he definitely won't mind some M&Ms. :)

And I use base-10 flats to teach place value with c-rods, so it really just depends on your preference. I think a geared clock is helpful too.

Have the base-10 as well and a clock somewhere...

Thanks so much, mamas!

I loved your blog post! Thank you!

Loved reading your blog! My son does the whispering thing. Where do they get these ideas?:lol:

Regards,

C.