Menu

Someone else saved the wimp's girlfriend and 2 children:

The first time I saw it on the news, the newscaster clearly was not even comprehending what she was reading. She looked so confused. I have never been shot at, but I know that I am someone who is calm in an emergency. My dh has been shot it, I *know* that he knows what to do in an emergency and would *never* leave me or our kids behind. That is insane. If you aren't going to be of help during the zombie apocalypse, then why would I marry you? It is one thing to not be sure how someone might react, but she KNOWS he isn't going to save her!!

Exactly. She'll never be able to count on him when the ___ hits the fan.

And another thing to think about is how the kid is going to feel when he is older. I hope he doesn't go to public school. The teasing will be unbearable.

Edited by Parrothead

Good for that young man who acted like a man. I have no other words for the rest of that situation. Actually, I have lots of words, but none of them are nice. :glare:

:lurk5: What she said. Jarell Brooks IS a hero! He is also adorable. :001_wub: Wouldn't you be proud of him, if he were YOUR son? We should all contribute something -- $10 or more -- to his college scholarship fund. Here's the link: http://www.indiegogo.com/JarellTheHero

I'm going to contribute to this young man's beautiful life.

Get well, soon, Jarell. We're praying for you to heal, body and soul.

Edited by Sahamamama

Women make stupid decisions about "men" everyday. :rolleyes:

Only once in a while do we get to see it on the evening news. Sheesh! Exactly---print out and share with all the daughters/young women you know.

I just can't believe the Jamie dude has the nerve to show his face on national television! I'd be in hiding, and rightly so. How hard is it, especially for a not-so-small man, to tuck a 4mo under his arm like a football and get out of there?

He could be forgiven if he got out of there with the baby and left the gf and other child---at least he would done *something*, but this is just cowardice.

If I were her, I'd be at Jarell's bedside asking him to marry me! She's obviously not.real.bright.

:iagree: He is definately NOT a keeper! Toss that one back.

The first time I saw it on the news, the newscaster clearly was not even comprehending what she was reading. She looked so confused. I have never been shot at, but I know that I am someone who is calm in an emergency. My dh has been shot it, I *know* that he knows what to do in an emergency and would *never* leave me or our kids behind. That is insane. If you aren't going to be of help during the zombie apocalypse, then why would I marry you? It is one thing to not be sure how someone might react, but she KNOWS he isn't going to save her!!

I am appalled that the woman is still planning to marry that idiot coward boyfriend. I don't care how much he claims to love her; when the chips were down, he abandoned her and his two children.

If I were the woman, I would want to shoot him myself. :glare:

:iagree:

I'm absolutely judging the mom. She knows, without a doubt, that he left the baby on the ground, abandoned her and her other child, escaped from the theater, and then drove home.

If she wasn't ready to do that moron serious bodily harm when she finally saw his cowardly face again, she is a Complete Idiot. Period. This guy left her and her kids to die... and she's going to marry him.

He's lucky she didn't kill him!

She might have no example of what a real man would do (and/or he might be lacking that example). This is a lesson for my teens on what to do/not to do, and the heroes/role models are the ones who died protecting others.

When our kids were little, we had second row seats to a Rockies game. The batter accidentally let go of his bat. Dh saw it coming. Instead of ducking, he threw himself arms over our kids and toward me. It bounced off of his arm (would have been one of the kids) and flew into a woman in the row behind us.

Imagine what he'll do when they're married and she needs him to kill a spider. Scream like a girl, throw the baby at it and run. :glare:

LOL...

I could *never* marry a man who doesn't know how to get rid of a spider. I mean, that's one of the top five reasons I'm married.