Menu

I get it, but geez...

Little paper just slid through the door frame. Paper came from an auto tow company that is contracted for the building here.

They are having a little meeting, setting it up like a party thing....

Someone parks in your spot, you call these guys and get the offender towed away.

Like I said, I get it, but man, I don't think this is cool at all. Very disappointed with this. :glare:

This place isn't at capacity for one. There's acres and acres of places to park.

This place is also serious in turnover, there's a moving truck in front of our apartment area DAILY. DAILY!

Yesterday, when we came home, a moving truck was parked in front of our garage door. No big deal, we just parked somewhere else. We pay an additional 100 dollars a month for that thing....but we still don't get uptight about it.

It's not uncommon for our garage door to be blocked like this, we don't raise the roof over it. A few times we've had to wait and/or find the folks blocking us so we could get our car out. No big deal, takes like what, 2.5 minutes?

This company, they post signs on all the apartment complexes in a 3 city area, it's their bread and butter- grocery stores, everywhere you look there's some advertising for this place; they are basically like repo men. I can't stand them.

You can't even imagine the situations people find themselves into because of this outfit.

And now they are here doing their "thing."

What BS.

Hmm, maybe I'll be the only dissenter, but if someone blocks my driveway or parks in my dedicated spot (that I pay for, especially), they'll have to deal with the results. If, as you said, there's plenty of parking, then visitors/other residents can be the one to take the walk from the farther spot, not me.

I see so much obnoxiousness on a near-daily basis, simply because people can't be bothered to park in the right place and walk 40 feet. I'd love for there to be more consequences for that sort of thing.

ETA: A moving van or a delivery truck is a different story. That's a temporary thing, usually, and I wouldn't expect them to park in a far lot and move large or heavy items. But someone who just doesn't care whose spot they're taking or parked in front of my driveway because they're being lazy? Different story.

I would have loved it. I lived in a jammed packed complex for years, and someone in my spot was a continual problem, forcing me onto street parking when I got off the night shift at work or with my groceries. Nothing like walking several blocks with my groceries since someone decided they could park in my space I was paying for.

Dissenter here also. We used to pay for a couple of parking spots at our last house. The area has narrow streets and a lot of cars. My husband used to work evenings and, without the spaces rented, he would have to park several blocks away (in a very bad neighbourhood). The first time we came home to someone in our spot, we went door knocking (ended up being a neighbour's daughter's boyfriend). They had 5min to move it. The second time, we called. Two kids saw us out there waiting for our spot and you could tell they knew the tow truck was on the way the way they ran out to move their car. The third and fourth time the tow truck guy earned a bit of money. Sorry, but the people that rent spaces are tired of others thinking they can get free and easy parking on someone else's dollar, while those that are paying can't park in their spot (or have to wait for the tow truck). On street parking is usually packed.

Hmm, maybe I'll be the only dissenter, but if someone blocks my driveway or parks in my dedicated spot (that I pay for, especially), they'll have to deal with the results. If, as you said, there's plenty of parking, then visitors/other residents can be the one to take the walk from the farther spot, not me.

I see so much obnoxiousness on a near-daily basis, simply because people can't be bothered to park in the right place and walk 40 feet. I'd love for there to be more consequences for that sort of thing.

ETA: A moving van or a delivery truck is a different story. That's a temporary thing, usually, and I wouldn't expect them to park in a far lot and move large or heavy items. But someone who just doesn't care whose spot they're taking or parked in front of my driveway because they're being lazy? Different story.

:iagree: I really depends how obnoxious and blatant the violators are being. If someone parked in front of my garage, and blocked me in, I would have very little patience. I would warn once or twice but then I would probably start towing.

Trust me, this outfit is shady as it gets, really disruptive to people's lives. I could write a novel on the stuff they've done wrong over the four years we've been here.

Well, that's probably another post altogether then. But in its simplest form, I'm all for notices and services like that. It might even keep some bad apples in check, knowing that everyone has the number of the towing company and can call easily when someone has overstepped their bounds.

Edited by melissel
I'm being redundant, redundantly!

Maybe the company does business in a bad way, but that doesn't mean that people who are sick of having their parking spots taken are in the wrong at all. If you have assigned spots, then people that don't own them shouldn't be using them.

I have a house in an old neighborhood. There are very few garages and small driveways, so most people park on the street. We have a gravel space at the front of our house, off the road and on our property, that my husband parks in. We had to go through a turf battle with our own neighbor over that spot. Their friends and family would always park in it. I never called a tow truck, though it would have been my right. It didn't stop until I went over there on Thanksgiving Day and confronted the woman in front of her whole extended family. Her family decided to use my property when we had guests too and needed that space.

Some people just don't think or care about others, and they asked for whatever consequences come their way from that. If they don't want to deal with a shady company, they shouldn't do something that will put them in that position.

Don't block someone else's driveway. That is rude, besides being obliviously selfish. If you do, then you deserve to be towed.

:iagree: except for moving trucks. Ime getting them to move is a huge pain in the wazoo.

Dissenter here also. We used to pay for a couple of parking spots at our last house. The area has narrow streets and a lot of cars. My husband used to work evenings and, without the spaces rented, he would have to park several blocks away (in a very bad neighbourhood). The first time we came home to someone in our spot, we went door knocking (ended up being a neighbour's daughter's boyfriend). They had 5min to move it. The second time, we called. Two kids saw us out there waiting for our spot and you could tell they knew the tow truck was on the way the way they ran out to move their car. The third and fourth time the tow truck guy earned a bit of money. Sorry, but the people that rent spaces are tired of others thinking they can get free and easy parking on someone else's dollar, while those that are paying can't park in their spot (or have to wait for the tow truck). On street parking is usually packed.
:iagree: