Menu

Heading To ER

*sigh*

As I've mentioned before, there are no GPs accepting new patients here, and no walk in clinic, so if you need to see a Dr, it's off to the ER.

I have 2 bug bites on my thigh. At first, I assumed they were mosquito bites, since they're horrid here right now.

Last night, I could cover each spot w/the pad of my thumb. Now, they're palm sized.

This am, they had the distinctive bullseye look to them, indicating a tick bite, possible Lyme disease. Oh goody.

Now, the bullseye look seems to be fading, but it's still red, swollen, hot to the touch, and hurts, esp when I walk.

Wolf is leaving work and taking me in to be seen.

I sooooo don't need this.

My dd is really allergic to bites; we carry supplies in my purse for first aid.

You'll probably come home with antibiotics and a follow up.

Be sure to take a probiotic with them, or at minimum get some fermented foods in your diet to help out.

If they diagnois as cellutitus, keep a photograph diary to take to the follow up visit with you.

:grouphug: let us know how it goes. Do I recall correctly that you only have a little while longer to wait for the new doctor?

no, I have to wait for a new Dr to come in and open up another practice, or join an existing office. Heaven only knows when that may happen. I'd much rather stay home and nap. :glare:

Okay, I admit that I'm getting concerned.

For many other women here, it would be normal for them to come back another day and fill us in. But this is IMP we are talking about!! If she was back, she'd be telling us all about it.

I really hope all is well. Saying another prayer and trying not to be anxious. Maybe they went to dinner and a movie on the way home.

Okay, I admit that I'm getting concerned.

For many other women here, it would be normal for them to come back another day and fill us in. But this is IMP we are talking about!! If she was back, she'd be telling us all about it.

I really hope all is well. Saying another prayer and trying not to be anxious. Maybe they went to dinner and a movie on the way home.

I agree that her not reporting back by now is a bit nail-biting.

Swellmomma, have you heard from her? Mariann...you have her phone number, right?

Faith