Menu

Organizing, lesson plans, and all that

I have always had a loose lesson plan organization - essentially if we do lesson 1 today, tomorrow we will do lesson 2, and so on. That works ok with 1 child, but next year I am adding a K'er. I really think I need something more. I have several traditional teacher lesson plan books, but get tired of erasing, changing, and all that, especially iof we start moving faster in one subject than in another. I would love to enter my plans into something and then that something would tell me what to do next after I say I have completed it. I would love a place to put in our therapy and activities schedules so I don't over plan for Monday when we won't even be home. A bonus would be that I coul print off a to-do list for ds12. And that dh could go to this lesson planner and be able to find out what to teach on the days I can't. An extra special bonus would be that it is free, or nearly free.

Does this exist? Where would I find it, or what do I have to combine to create this?

The Well Planned Day software is supposed to be able to let you do everything you've listed (except the free part). It's still in beta, though.

I think the update on Thursday will let you be able to do all the scheduling/lesson planning you listed. You chose which days you want to do each subject and it'll auto populate the lessons for you in the calendar.

You can enter the activities and therapy schedules in the calendar.

According to the Q&A video, there will be a print button so that you can print off the lessons/assignments. It's not there yet from what I can see.

I haven't tried out the mobility features yet, but it's supposed to work with other devices. It will be syncing with Google Calendar if that's important to you.

$40 for the year if you purchase by Aug. 1st.

I've dabbled with it a bit and it looks good. I'm eagerly awaiting the updates so I can get the year planned.

The Well Planned Day software is supposed to be able to let you do everything you've listed (except the free part). It's still in beta, though.

I think the update on Thursday will let you be able to do all the scheduling/lesson planning you listed. You chose which days you want to do each subject and it'll auto populate the lessons for you in the calendar.

You can enter the activities and therapy schedules in the calendar.

According to the Q&A video, there will be a print button so that you can print off the lessons/assignments. It's not there yet from what I can see.

I haven't tried out the mobility features yet, but it's supposed to work with other devices. It will be syncing with Google Calendar if that's important to you.

$40 for the year if you purchase by Aug. 1st.

I've dabbled with it a bit and it looks good. I'm eagerly awaiting the updates so I can get the year planned.

:iagree: It's driving me nuts that I can't start planning things out yet!