Menu

I love when I can answer "yes" to my kids

especially when their requests are so funny.

I had recently posted how ds8 has asked for a desk for school this year, so I said yes.

Then yesterday while we talked on the phone he says "in 4 years can you look and see if there is a house that is walking distance to gramma's that we can buy". So I said yes in 4 years I will see what houses are for sale there but I can not promise I can afford them. He was so pleased he started cheering, that we would look at these houses in 4 years lol

Then I was teasing him about school. I pick him up to bring him home this afternoon, he has been gone for 3.5 weeks. So I say now that he will be home we can start school tomorrow. So he says "How about a week after I get home, can we start school then?" To which I say yes of course. And again he starts cheering, in this case because he thinks he has gotten away with something. Funny part is we were not starting school officially until Aug 13th, so I guess the joke's on him lol

I love being able to make him so happy with a simply yes. If only my big kid's requests were so simple to give in to.

I've been having to say "no" a LOT lately due to finances. It sucks, especially when all their friends are doing seemingly fantastic things on their summer vacation, and I can't even afford to take my kids to the pool for an afternoon. So I wholeheartedly agree, saying "yes" is an amazing feeling!

I've been having to say "no" a LOT lately due to finances. It sucks, especially when all their friends are doing seemingly fantastic things on their summer vacation, and I can't even afford to take my kids to the pool for an afternoon. So I wholeheartedly agree, saying "yes" is an amazing feeling!

Just think though, if they ask if you will look at houses in 4 years you could say yes to that :lol: