Menu

Biblical Hebrew

zenjenn

I guess this would pretty much apply to Jewish homeschoolers.

Does anyone know of a *good* piece of software for Biblical Hebrew? (That is, just Torah-reading?) It SO lends itself to a point-and-click approach. We did Behrman House for a few weeks last year but ultimately quit because while I think the approach was good, the animation, sound, and interface were so grating as to be intolerable.

I just want a basic Hebrew reading piece of software or website with audio that has a smooth intuitive interface and clean sound. I've searched and searched and so many are similarly amateurish/awful.

There's just not much out there... Have you checked out this site? http://morahmoriah.com/ I haven't used any of the Qedoc-based things, but I've used hard copies of the workbooks and they're great for early elementary.

Thanks for that link -- some of those card sets look great.

I'm afraid I have nothing to offer but will be watching this thread, OP. I just spent much of my evening looking at various Hebrew resources, too. :banghead:

It's hard because I was not raised with any Jewish education, nor do I have much of a community here to draw from. The Hebrew school is kind of a mess here and I'm not even sure it qualifies as Hebrew school. I won't bore you with the epic tale.

I'd like something with audio so the sounds are just right. Kids just spent 4 weeks at Jewish camp with daily Hebrew for my rising 4th grader and I'd like to keep the momentum going.

I am just blown away that Chabad doesn't have some sort of awesome interactive slick Hebrew-learning thing on their website. Seems like their kind of deal.

Thanks for the link - will be checking it out for sure!

Well, Sarah and David is used in Schuls. I bought it for my son to learn Hebrew. It's not really Ancient Hebrew, but I figure that if shuls use it... it's good, right? The authors are a daughter/mom pair and it seems the main difference is some pronunciation and the writing is a bit different... :) My dad who can fluently read the Hebrew Bible can get along fine with it ;)