Menu

Better World Books good customer service experience

I've been ordering a lot of used books from Better World books lately. They take paypal and their price includes shipping.

Last month I ordered two books, which were copyright 1976. They were in good condition and no visible mildew, but the odor made my eyes water and gave him a headache. I'm sensitive to odors and thought airing them out would help. After a month they still were bad, so I emailed to see what I could do. They're ancient literature anthologies so I'll be using them as reference several times this year. Their return policy is good, so I thought I'd trudge them back and pay for return shipping.

I got an e-mail today saying the sent out replacement copies via priority mail and to not bother returning the copies I own. Yea, me! :D

I wanted to pass that one as I know many of us are looking for good deals on used books with good customer service.

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/

They even have a bargain bin where you can get 3 books from them for 10.00 (selected books only), but I find them more cost effective than using Amazon used.

I've ordered many books from them through Amazon, but didn't realize they had a separate website. Do they combine shipping if you order directly? :bigear:

Jackie

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/

They even have a bargain bin where you can get 3 books from them for 10.00 (selected books only), but I find them more cost effective than using Amazon used.

Oh.My.Goodness.

You are in t.r.o.u.b.l.e. with my husband!!!

:lol:

They are one of my favorite used book suppliers on Amazon. I always search out their books because I have had excellent customer service, great quality and speedy shipping.

I had NO idea they actually had a website!!! :w00t:

I've ordered many books from them through Amazon, but didn't realize they had a separate website. Do they combine shipping if you order directly? :bigear:

Jackie

The shipping is free, it's built into the price of the book. They also have books from other sellers, and they sometimes have coupons for books shipped from them.

I've bought used, but they sell new as well. I found the sell moleskin notebooks the other day.

Oh.My.Goodness.

You are in t.r.o.u.b.l.e. with my husband!!!

:lol:

They are one of my favorite used book suppliers on Amazon. I always search out their books because I have had excellent customer service, great quality and speedy shipping.

I had NO idea they actually had a website!!! :w00t:

Your books actually send you e-mails too. Their wording is so adorable, it makes book lovers feel more loved to know those particular books are so excited to be coming to your house.

They also support different programs with each book you buy. I've ordered 90% of my used books for school from them this summer.

The shipping is free, it's built into the price of the book. They also have books from other sellers, and they sometimes have coupons for books shipped from them.

I've bought used, but they sell new as well. I found the sell moleskin notebooks the other day.

:party: Off to order some books!

Jackie

Your books actually send you e-mails too. Their wording is so adorable, it makes book lovers feel more loved to know those particular books are so excited to be coming to your house.

They also support different programs with each book you buy. I've ordered 90% of my used books for school from them this summer.

Here's the message I got from my books from a recent order:

Your book(s) asked to write you a personal note - it seemed unusual, but who are we to say no?)

Holy canasta! It's me... it's me! I can't believe it is actually me! You could have picked any of over 2 million books but you picked me! I've got to get packed! How is the weather where you live? Will I need a dust jacket? I can't believe I'm leaving Mishawaka, Indiana already - the friendly people, the Hummer plant, the Linebacker Lounge - so many memories. I don't have much time to say goodbye to everyone, but it's time to see the world!

I can't wait to meet you! You sound like such a well read person. Although, I have to say, it sure has taken you a while! I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but how would you like to spend five months sandwiched between Jane Eyre (drama queen) and Fundamentals of Thermodynamics (pyromaniac)? At least Jane was an upgrade from that stupid book on brewing beer. How many times did the ol' brewmaster have one too many and topple off our shelf at 2am?

I know the trip to meet you will be long and fraught with peril, but after the close calls I've had, I'm ready for anything (besides, some of my best friends are suspense novels). Just five months ago, I thought I was a goner. My owner was moving and couldn't take me with her. I was sure I was landfill bait until I ended up in a Better World Books book drive bin. Thanks to your socially conscious book shopping, I've found a new home. Even better, your book buying dollars are helping kids read from Brazil to Botswana...

Eagerly awaiting our meeting,

[book titles]

:D

Holy canasta! It's me... it's me! I can't believe it is actually me! You could have picked any of over 2 million books but you picked me! I've got to get packed! How is the weather where you live? Will I need a dust jacket? I can't believe I'm leaving Mishawaka, Indiana already - the friendly people, the Hummer plant, the Linebacker Lounge - so many memories. I don't have much time to say goodbye to everyone, but it's time to see the world!

:lol::lol::lol:

I just purchased several books from Better World Books through their half.com site. They were much cheaper that way! I looked them up on both half.com and directly on the Better World Books website. Even with adding the per-book shipping charge for half.com, ALL of the books were more expensive on their website.

Here's an example: ISBN: 0140440755

@Half.com - many used copies in the BWB storefront for $3.03

@betterworldbooks.com - they all start at $6.48

For paperback shipping, half.com adds $3.49 for the first book and $1.89 for additional books. So after the first book you save money through half.com

Here's a link to their shop:

BWB at Half.com