Menu

Spotting/Cramping at 12wks?

I am about 12 1/2 wks right now. I started spotting Friday. It will be anywhere from brown, light pink to red. I am having a few cramps. I seem to get the most spotting/bleeding when I am cramping really bad. I am going tomorrow morning to see my doc. Just wanted to see if this has happened to anybody else and if the baby was ok? DH keeps telling me it's because its more than one and is just pushing down...LOL. We haven't had an ultrasound so he could be right...

*update*

I am having a miscarriage. Worst part is it was twins :( doc said I was picking up placenta on doppler even though it was high. He is giving me till Monday to pass things naturally. If I don't he will do a d&c Monday. Why is this happening? ! I have had 3 healthy pregnancies. Dh and I really wanted twins. We conceive them and then this happens...

Edited by Lynn213220

It could be a number of things, but I'd be in the doctor's office NOW. Different things could be remedied, if necessary.

I would but my doc is 2 1/2 hrs away. I didn't call them Friday or Saturday because I thought it was just from sex but I started getting worried today because it has never lasted this long before. The hospitals close to us are horrible. They diagnosed my son at 5wks old with the flu when he really needed emergency surgery.

I have issues with bleeding during my pregnancies, not just spotting but bleeding. With baby #1, At 14 weeks I had horrible pain and bleeding, turns out I tore theplacenta. With restricted activities (not bedrest) I carried him to 35.5 weeks. baby #3 I had cramping and bleeding off an on from 19 weeks, we induced at 36. I am sure he could have gone to term but my water broke at 35 weeks. Baby #4 I had bleeding and cramping from before 20 weeks (can't recall exactly anymore). I delivered her at 35w 1d.

Spotting is normal during pregnancy, the heavier bleeding is an issue and can lead to premature rupture of membranes. All 3 of mine that I had bleeding with my water broke early. But like I said I did not have a little bit of spotting, I had full bleeding.

Those kids I had the bleeding with are all having birthdays in the next 6 weeks (all 4 kids are actually) and will be 14, 9 and 5.

So hard to say since it could be so many things, but for a measure of reassurance, I had bleeding from 15 weeks on with my last pregnancy and carried him to 35 weeks. Have you called your doctor? He could probably advise you whether to try the ER.

Yes, he wants me to come in tomorrow morning. Dh is staying home with the kids so can I go by myself.

I had severe cramping a bleeding with my oldest daughter at 10 and 14 weeks. The doctor put me on a 3day bed rest the first time, and told me it was too early to do anything else. I prepared myself mentally to lose her, but never did. She is five now. Rest today.

I am going tomorrow morning to see my doc. Just wanted to see if this has happened to anybody else and if the baby was ok?

I had this at 10 weeks, but didn't seek medical care and it eased up and the rest of the PG was uneventful. I think it went on for 3 days. I rested a bit, but not much.

I had this with every pregnancy. It was very diff. with each one. My second one was lots of pain and discomfort and heavy bleeding. He was more than the others. I've had two miscarriages that started out just like all of my other pregnancies. What I noticed with the miscarriages is once the bleeding started it just got progressively worse. With each of my full term preg's, I would cramp and bleed but it would stop.

Try not to worry excessively. I know that it really hard. :grouphug::grouphug: Best of wishes for your appt.

:grouphug: I had bleeding at 8-12 weeks with both my healthy babies! I hope it stops for you. It is a good sign that you're finding such a strong heartbeat. I hope your doctor can give you some reassurance and info. :grouphug:

Now its bright red :( I found my doppler and baby is moving like crazy and has a strong heartbeat at 150-160. I am cramping more but it is a good sign that heartbeat is strong right?

Very good sign. I had bleeding...heavy bleeding with most of my pregnancies due to either a low placenta or a subchorionic hemorrhage. Both things healed on their own, but I did have to use progesterone to maintain my last 2 pregnancies....

I did have to stay on bedrest for extended periods of time while pg....but I just used that time to read, read to my kids and homeschool.

Praying for you and baby:grouphug:

I'm so sorry. My fourth miscarriage (in a row) was twins. I had two completely normal pregnancies, and then the four miscarriages. No rhyme or reason to it. My next pregnancy was a healthy baby boy.

I would advise a D&C with a twin miscarriage. The bleeding can be severe and the cramping intense. My OB said there was no way he wanted me to try and miscarry twins naturally (I was 12 weeks along as well). Not that I wanted to. The D&Cs were fast, painless and there really wasn't any down time for me afterwards.

:grouphug: I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you ladies. I am feeling a little better today. I have come to the conclusion that everything happens for a reason even though this the most horrible thing I ever gone through. There could have been chromosomal issues or something and I much rather it happen now instead of us finding out at the 20wk scan that the babies would have a hard life or would not be able to live outside the womb. Its still hard, especially because we wanted twins so bad.:crying: