Menu

Do you do anything to celebrate the first day of PS?

We homeschool year round, 7-days a week, but the first day of school for the ps students in our district is an official home school holiday in our home! And today is that day!!

Do you acknowledge or celebrate the first day of ps school? Do you follow the ps schedule?

I may send the kids out to decorate the driveway with a chalk greeting of "Hope your first day of school was great!" for when the school buses return. What do you think? :lol: Or maybe we'll just make cookies. :D

We leave town :). SIL's kids don't start school until after Labor day, so it ends up being a good time to get together somewhere that school starts early and enjoy time together. DD misses all the "back to school" fuss and comes back when her dance classes, homeschool co-op and the like are starting for her official first day (although like you we never really stop), and DN's get fun time with their cousin right before they go back to school.

Your schools are already back in session?! Goodness.

We celebrate "Educational Freedom Day," which is that day public school goes back in session.

We sleep in, then head out for a late breakfast. Sometime during the day, I will take DS's picture by the oak tree we planted when he was born. We often go bowling and/or to play video games. Always hit the bookstore or comic store so DS can pick out a few new books.

We school year-round, too, but never, ever do school on the day our school heads back.

We have a "not back to school party" and take a day off. Then we

and then you what?! The suspense is killing me, LOL! Thinking you hit enter before you meant to, and probably don't even realize it yet... Hope you come back to finish your thought!

A couple of local homeschool groups get together at a beach for a "not back to school" party. This is one of my kids' favorite traditions every year (we go regardless of weather).

We school year-round, so I can remind them of this when they tell people how they don't get a summer vacation.....

We celebrate the first day of OUR school year. It seems a little odd otherwise, like celebrating another couple's anniversary! :D

There are a lot of private schools around here, so there's no "one" first day of school, anyway.

I decorate the kitchen table, make chocolate chip pancakes, and have some fun reading books and school supplies waiting for them. Then we look over all of our books, get the notebooks and binders set up, and so on. Maybe watch a fun video.

Sometimes we do call it our not-back-to-school party!

We have a "not back to school party" and take a day off. Then we

and then you what?! The suspense is killing me, LOL! Thinking you hit enter before you meant to, and probably don't even realize it yet... Hope you come back to finish your thought!

:lol: Bug bumped the submit button just as my iPad was dying; hope the suspense wasn't too painful! :lol:

So, to finish my thought.......

After our day of junk and indulgence we plow through the last two weeks of our school year before taking a week break and starting the new school year. I know, anti-climatic. :tongue_smilie:

We do a "Not Back to School Day" too and go on some stellar field trip to a place that we know will be empty because everyone else is back in school. :D

Love, love, LOVE this idea! GREAT idea! That's August 8th here, I think. May have to do that! Probably a ZOO since they get really crazy during the year. But then again it's hot, so we'll see.

We homeschool year round, 7-days a week, but the first day of school for the ps students in our district is an official home school holiday in our home! And today is that day!!

When does the ps there let out for summer vacation???