Menu

Hate

I personally think that marriage is overrated. Lots of people don't get married and even more people don't stay married, so I'm not seeing why many feel it's so essential to humanness or happiness. I must be subhuman since I've never been married.

As for it being "hateful" to try to take the "right to marry" away from gays - most gays have never had the right in the first place. So this is not something that can be "taken away" from them. So if hate equals wanting to take it away, I still don't see it applying here.

If someone was saying "I don't think gay people should eat," I could see viewing that as hate. That would be saying you want gay people to die a horrible death. Nothing I've seen posted by anyone here approaches a hateful sentiment in my opinion.

And for the record, I am not against gays having civil unions, living together, having legal rights at partner's death, raising kids, etc. I have loved ones who are gay, like most/all of us do. There is no hate in my heart.

I personally think that marriage is overrated. Lots of people don't get married and even more people don't stay married, so I'm not seeing why many feel it's so essential to humanness or happiness. I must be subhuman since I've never been married.

As for it being "hateful" to try to take the "right to marry" away from gays - most gays have never had the right in the first place. So this is not something that can be "taken away" from them. So if hate equals wanting to take it away, I still don't see it applying here.

If someone was saying "I don't think gay people should eat," I could see viewing that as hate. That would be saying you want gay people to die a horrible death. Nothing I've seen posted by anyone here approaches a hateful sentiment in my opinion.

And for the record, I am not against gays having civil unions, living together, having legal rights at partner's death, raising kids, etc. I have loved ones who are gay, like most/all of us do. There is no hate in my heart.

SKL, marriage like anything else can be really, really, good or really, really bad. Finding the right person and understanding what it takes to be a wife really makes all the difference in the world. You aren't subhuman for never having been married.:grouphug: