Menu

What are you looking forward to this week?

My boys are having a blast with SOTW1! Last night dh went out with my brother and a friend who was in from NY for a visit, so the boys and I had a history night. We made the cave paintings that we didn't get to on Friday, and then watched the movie Treasure Buddies. My oldest picked it out and I didn't really know what the plot was. I loved that it was about the buddies searching for treasure from ancient Egypt, because that is what we are studying next week! We are also planning on going to the planetarium at a local college on Saturday for the show Egypt: Secrets of the Mummies and the Egypt: Myths & Mummies exhibit.

We're still on summer vacation here. :D

Though I am eager to start school, frankly. But they just returned from a month of camp where they were up at 6 am every day. I think they need a couple weeks of just bumming around being useless.

Glad you are enjoying SOTW1! We had fun with it last year. We're doing Volume 2 this year. Just took my daughters to see "Brave" today and it got us all jazzed about the Middle Ages!

We are getting a head start on the year for a couple of reasons. We will probably take a vacation sometime this fall or spring since dh couldn't get off during the summer. Also, we are ttc#3 and I want to be able to get as much schoolwork finished as possible before baby comes (hoping I get my bfp soon!).

Still on summer break but hoping for a great week. Monday my 11 yo is taking a kayaking lesson with a homeschool group. On Thursday we are doing an outside art class and hoping for the rest of my boxes to show up. Then I will kick planning into over drive, so we can start school around the 15th of the month. :001_smile:

Oh, and my Grandson is coming on Thursday night for the weekend. So by Monday of the next week, I will be in serious recovery mode from dealing with a 3 year old all weekend. Of course, I will love every minute of it.

Edited by fourcatmom

I am looking forward to receiving a few packages!!!! Plus, our homeschool group is coming over for an artist class! I am also finalizing lesson plans as our school year starts in a week or two (waiting to hear from my tutored student, who schools full-time with us).

My boys are having a blast with SOTW1! Last night dh went out with my brother and a friend who was in from NY for a visit, so the boys and I had a history night. We made the cave paintings that we didn't get to on Friday, and then watched the movie Treasure Buddies. My oldest picked it out and I didn't really know what the plot was. I loved that it was about the buddies searching for treasure from ancient Egypt, because that is what we are studying next week! We are also planning on going to the planetarium at a local college on Saturday for the show Egypt: Secrets of the Mummies and the Egypt: Myths & Mummies exhibit.

My husband is military, so he is gone on "short" trips a lot. He has been gone for the last little bit, and is coming home tonight. He gets one day off, at home, before he is at the office for long hours again. sigh. He will have to cut grass , but we plan to take some family time and go to a local farm and get some produce, meet other homeschool families, and let the kids play in the play ground area. It might sound boring, but we are looking forward to just having papa home for dinner each night this week! Never take your family for granted.

I'm looking forward to my boys not being in camp this week. We'll do math every morning, but spend the rest of the day swimming and hanging out with neighborhood friends. Two of my nephews are coming on Friday to spend a few weeks with us, so I'm excited about that too.

I'm looking forward to finally finishing The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle and Farmer Boy. Charlotte has taken an extra month due to a bunch of summer activities (swim team, sewing class, etc), and DD has been reading Farmer Boy out loud for months (literally).

Oh, and my deliveries for DD's science for next year (WP Equine Science), and possibly the VP history cards. I love packages!

I'm looking forward to a quiet week at home with my youngest, then all my men coming home on Saturday night. My oldest has been away for five weeks, and my dad took my 8 and 9 year olds to Boston for the week. Dh and my 11 year old will join them on Tuesday. I'll be glad to have them all back home. :)

Edited by Tazzie

What I was looking forward to this week happened last night: Delaware Shakespeare Festival's "A Midsummer Night's Dream." It was awesome!

As for the rest of the week, I'm looking forward to starting our Olympics Unit Study today, going to the fair and getting a day by myself while DH and DS go do a different fair. :001_smile: