Menu

Is there a Well Trained Kitchen without the KitchenAid stand mixer?!

I have a regular blender though, does that count? No fancy mixers, no fancy food processors, no fancy bake-your-own bread appliances in my kitchen.

I don't even make my own granola, or my own laundry detergent. Am I still allowed to homeschool? ;)

Michelle T

It seems to be the constant in all of the pictures. :)

I don't have one. Am I gonna be punished? Shunned? Banned?

I don't have a big food processor (just a tiny one), and I don't have a Bosch. I have a Sunbeam hand mixer that I use for anything that needs a beating, and any time I make dough I just knead it by hand.

I have a regular blender though, does that count? No fancy mixers, no fancy food processors, no fancy bake-your-own bread appliances in my kitchen.

I don't even make my own granola, or my own laundry detergent. Am I still allowed to homeschool? ;)

Michelle T

Hmmm, it's not looking very promising.

What sort of vaccum cleaner do you use?

Are your shoes nice?

Do you have reusable grocery bags?

Nice bookshelves?

Nice booKshelves?

Answer those questions and we will get back to you and let you know if your license is being revoked.

Michelle T

:lol: THIS IS ME TOO! Just a regular blender. Ooops, I DO have a bread machine though. But I don't make my own stuff like that either.

So, what's the verdict for Michelle and me?:001_huh:

Well, I have crummy shoes, so I figured I better get the mixer. :smilielol5:

I kwym. I'm just hoping my mixer and Zo will distract the Inspectors and they won't notice that we're a Dyson-less household.

Where's the paranoid smiley?!

No mixer here. I don't even have a food processor, well that would be dh, he eats and then processes information and tells me about the meal I just cooked.

I mix using a regular spoon, it's a good workout. I'm working toward my Sarah Connor arms....

sarah-connor.jpg

Guess I'd have to answer these too. So, here goes. Please everyone keep an open mind as you decide!

What sort of vaccum cleaner do you use? Kirby

Are your shoes nice? Depends on which ones!

Do you have reusable grocery bags? Ummmm, no. But, in my defense, I do reuse the plastic grocery bags!

Nice bookshelves? But of course!

Nice booKshelves? DH likes 'em!

Answer those questions and we will get back to you and let you know if your license is being revoked.

FIL was asking us for ideas for Christmas one year. We told him a few things and then threw in a Kitchen Aid -- a big one -- as a "no way would he do that" idea. He actually did! He found something he wanted to get for SIL that was more than he had originally wanted to spend and subsequently upped the ante for gifts for the rest of us. I was very surprised to open that box that year! I do like it though. I just wish I had counter top space to keep it out. That thing is really heavy!

Hee hee, I just got one!!

It has the slicing, dicing, shredding, and grinding attachments with it. I am hoping for a lot of fresh produce between my garden and the farmer's market (starting this week!). And I really hate chopping, slicing, dicing, and shredding. :)

Amazon had Kitchenaids on sale. Score! I have a real WTM kitchen now.

And I guess I'm going to try baking different kinds of bread in the oven too, now. I use the bread machine for sandwich bread, and another mini bread oven for a small dinner loaf. But now I'll try my hand at french loaves and rolls, etc. :D

KitchenAid mixers were all the rage for a while there, weren't they? Or maybe they still are? I know I wanted one very badly when we moved back from Switzerland. I quickly realized I have zero room for a mixer and instead bought a KitchenAid hand mixer. That thing has been faithful for 12+ years, and I use it a lot. Even if I had the room, I doubt I'd ever go back to using a stand mixer. A hand mixer is just so...handy!:D

What sort of vaccum cleaner do you use?

Are your shoes nice?

Do you have reusable grocery bags?

Nice bookshelves?

Nice booKshelves?

Just saw this:

I have a Dyson (mom manages a Lowes and gets us stuff from there for gifts)

I have decent shoes -- nice but practical. Not a floofy kind of gal

Not yet -- planning on it -- just researching what kind to get

Nice bookshelves (a mixture of nice ones and cheap ones)

Nice booKshelves? yes, better than the booKs that go on(in) them:tongue_smilie:

What sort of vaccum cleaner do you use? A 10 year old boy

Are your shoes nice? all 20 pairs of flip flops

Do you have reusable grocery bags? Yes, and I use them

Nice bookshelves? a whole wall of built in walnut ones. the one redeeming quality in this house

Nice booKshelves? No complaints from the management ;)

Since, Brindee answered the questions, I guess I will too. Peer Pressure!

What sort of vaccum cleaner do you use?Rikkar

Are your shoes nice?yes

Do you have reusable grocery bags?no

Nice bookshelves? some yes, some no

Nice booKshelves?

Am I still allowed to homeschool? Or do I don the ps tee again in the fall? :)

Looks like the management has a lot of applications to go over! We await your decisions!

(Pssst, Tracey in TX, you forgot to answer the last question!)

I think people are pretty safe as long as they choose Mike's as their official beverage... right?

What sort of vaccum cleaner do you use? nasty old Hoover

Are your shoes nice? :lol:

Do you have reusable grocery bags? Yes, but I forget to use them!

Nice bookshelves? No, most are plywood. But they do their job

Nice booKshelves? After nursing 2 for seven years? Are you joking.

:leaving:

In fact, I want the next size up when I an afford it. I love to bake and it gets used daily. My dh knows I love to cook and bake so he just shops for gifts at Williams and Sonoma :D I want to own my own cupcake bakery some day but that will wait, till then I just bake all day and share with neighboors.

I think people are pretty safe as long as they choose Mike's as their official beverage... right?

Right! I forgot to put that on the questionaire.

Hey, that's what we need for newbies, the unofficial official WTM questionaire!!! Shall we write one and force newbies to answer it?

I have an Oyster mixer that must be older than I am:lol:, but it was free! Plus, it shakes the whole counter when it's on so it doubles as entertainment for the little ones:tongue_smilie:

I do have a Nutrimill though, so I'm safe in the HS club, right?

I not only have an apple green Kitchen Aid mixer on the counter, but it sits right beside my bread machine.

My antique hand mixer is finally enjoying a well earned retirement. I do so love my new stand mixer. I don't know what I did before it.

And to answer the other questions. I have a Dyson:thumbup1: and a Kirby:thumbdown:. I wear comfortable flats but no flip-flops. I don't have nearly enough bookshelves or booKshelves. (the booKs themselves are just fine.)

And I use reusable grocery bags but my kids have ratty shoes because it is summer. (They stay in sandals so there is no reason to buy good shoes.)

What sort of vaccum cleaner do you use? Electrolux

Are your shoes nice? Yes.

Do you have reusable grocery bags? Nope, although I do have a Longaberger market basket. Does that count?

Nice bookshelves? Yes.

Nice booKshelves? Ummm....

Of course, the only "children" in my house are the cats, the dog, and the hermit crabs, so I don't think I can actually have a license anyway, lol.

It seems to be the constant in all of the pictures. :)

I don't have a stand mixer at all. I've never seen the use of one (even though my mother had one).

So, umm, what do you use them for? (Mom mom just used hers for cookies and such, but I mix all that stuff by hand.)

KitchenAid mixers were all the rage for a while there, weren't they? Or maybe they still are? I know I wanted one very badly when we moved back from Switzerland. I quickly realized I have zero room for a mixer and instead bought a KitchenAid hand mixer. That thing has been faithful for 12+ years, and I use it a lot. Even if I had the room, I doubt I'd ever go back to using a stand mixer. A hand mixer is just so...handy!:D

Are you implying that my mixer is passe? That your hand mixer is better than my stand mixer? That your "handy" mixer is environmentally and morally superior to my big SUV of a mixer? Huh? HUH? Well. Lessee yer Prius of a mixer do this:

mikesonice.jpg

Right! I forgot to put that on the questionaire.

Hey, that's what we need for newbies, the unofficial official WTM questionaire!!! Shall we write one and force newbies to answer it?

what about a placenta in the freezer? I think that should go on the questionnaire, too.

Are you implying that my mixer is passe? That your hand mixer is better than my stand mixer? That your "handy" mixer is environmentally and morally superior to my big SUV of a mixer? Huh? HUH? Well. Lessee yer Prius of a mixer do this:

I'm glad to see that your stainless steel bowl is just as useful as mine. It seems that my bowl is always being used for something else. I even bought a set of stainless steel bowls just to get DH to leave my mixewr one alone.

But nooooooo....the new bowls are inferior because they don't have a handle.

I'll play ...

What sort of vaccum cleaner do you use? Dyson. I am such a sheeple. I bought one even though I have only one room that has carpeting. I thought the attachments would be great for nooks and crannies, but it is so blasted heavy to carry up and down the stairs:)

Are your shoes nice? Yes, I wear Clarks and expensive "gym shoes" because I have bad arches and bad knees.

Do you have reusable grocery bags? Yes, - cheapo ones from Home Trends or something like that. Now if I could remember to bring them more than 1/3 of the time ...

Nice bookshelves? Some nice ones (solid oak from furniture store) and some cheap ones (walmart and the like that are falling apart.)

Nice booKshelves? Somewhat upgraded. I got into color last year to make up for the contents (and neighborhood) having been ravaged by 11 years of pregnancy/nursing.

And ... Yes, I do have a placenta in my freezer. What can I do with it after 8 years?:)

Thanks for the laugh.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I not only have an apple green Kitchen Aid mixer on the counter, but it sits right beside my bread machine.

Hee hee, That's where I'm putting my new KitchenAid mixer too. Right next to the bread machine.

Here it is right now (Going to set it up today! Woo Hoo!):

post-732-13535082620966_thumb.jpg

post-732-13535082620966_thumb.jpg

I guess I'm not much of a baker or a cook although I'd like to do more baking. It would make cakes and icing easier. But I don't want to have to find a place to store it. I guess that's why it's out in so many kitchens, lol! I just don't have the space and it's awful pricey if I'm not going to use it all the time.

What do you use it for? Maybe I should be making things I'm not, especially with the prices of food going sky high. Please enlighten me!!!!