Menu

They are saying you are wrong for supporting it Well isn't it a right to believe however you want? Why do they have to be bigots because they feel this is sinful and why do you have to be the sinner because you think it is OK?

So if someone used their religion to denounce interracial marriage and spent $ to prevent it then people who find that appalling can't label that as bigotry?

I'm sorry but I don't care what people's various religions teach them. If it gets in the way of civil rights then it must be called out. Practice your religion in (general) your church and home but keep it's agenda out of the rest of our lives.

And no clue what your last question means.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So if someone used their religion to denounce interracial marriage and spent $ to prevent it then people who find that appalling can't label that as bigotry?

I'm sorry but I don't care what people's various religions teach them. If it gets in the way of civil rights then it must be called out. Practice your religion in (general) your church and home but keep it's agenda out of the rest of our lives.

And no clue what your last question means.

I guess I am saying that them hating gay and you hating General you! hating back is just as bad. It is kinda like the old kid saying I will take my ball and go home. Why can't you general you again be gay and me general me not be gay and still be friends?

This is not coming out the way I am trying to say it. Can't we all just get along? I don't care if your not gay and you shouldn't care if I am didn't anyones mom teach them to play nice and accept people for how they treat you? :D

I believe that "being against" homosexuality, or "being against" gay marriage is hate. I believe that thinking someone's sexual orientation is sin is hate. It is incongruous to me to believe in a loving God and believe that God percieves homosexuality as sin.

I believe that ascribing negative motives to others because they hold views that are different from yours is bigotry.

I believe that ascribing motives to others because they hold views that are different from yours is bigotry.
:iagree:VERY WELL SAID!!:grouphug:
If they are fighting for/against certain laws *based upon a Christian belief*, then, yes, they are trying to impose their beliefs onto someone else.
THANK YOU!
I love soda. But, cities that have outlawed giant sodas can do so because it has nothing to do with religion. Heck, there are still tons of dry counties in the south.

They weren't outlawing it, they just aren't allowing it on city property.

I'd hardly call that a "scare tactic" when the power-grab and enforced-political-correctness is already happening.
:iagree:

So because they contribute to perfectly legal organizations that the mayor doesn't like, he should be allowed to block their business from opening in his city?

Would that extend to say, a Christian mayor, blocking a LGBT-friendly chicken restaurant?

:iagree:

They started the Day of Dialogue, which is specifically intended to counter the Day of Silence (which raises awareness about bullying of LGBT kids).
Seriously? :cursing: I didn't really have a problem with them before... but now I am mad!!!! :cursing: Really MAD!!! Oh, you don't want to be around me right now.

Group hug.:grouphug: Cuz I need it.

Wait, so the owners sent the money?

Then what does that have to do with the business at all? :blink: Individuals can choose to send their money wherever they please, right?

Did anyone say that people weren't allowed to donate money where they pleased? No, but people are saying that they don't agree with it and won't support (by words or shopping) a company that does.

I guess I am saying that them hating gay and you hating General you! hating back is just as bad. It is kinda like the old kid saying I will take my ball and go home. Why can't you general you again be gay and me general me not be gay and still be friends?

This is not coming out the way I am trying to say it. Can't we all just get along? I don't care if your not gay and you shouldn't care if I am didn't anyones mom teach them to play nice and accept people for how they treat you? :D

1. I don't hate anyone and haven't posted that. I do hate the actions of people denying civil rights though and using their religion as the excuse.

2. I don't really see people talking about friendship with different thinking people. The crutch of the issue is when people use their religion as an excuse to deny civil rights to others.

I have an announcement to make

Chicken Little and I are getting married!

Oh yeah, and the sky is falling.

There's nothing wrong with people disagreeing about things. If you don't want to read it, don't read it.

This is really frustrating for me because Chick-fil-A is pretty much the only fast food place where my kids can eat a full meal, because they can't eat gluten (chick-fil-A has dedicated fryers for french fries and grilled (non-breaded) chicken). I read one suggestion on facebook to donate $10 to a gay rights organization every time you go to chick-fil-A....but since our big problem is that it already costs us way more to eat out than other families most of the time....sigh.

I am so not trying to get in a bicker match with you:001_smile: But in my mind your saying they are wrong for not supporting gay? They are saying you are wrong for supporting it Well isn't it a right to believe however you want? Why do they have to be bigots because they feel this is sinful and why do you have to be the sinner because you think it is OK?

I am not gay, I don't care if your gay that isn't my business but since I am not gay does that mean I am a bigot? I hope you can understand what I am saying. It is suppose to be religous freedom right? Why don't they have the right to be free with their choice just because it is different from yours?

SpyCar can surely reply for himself on this point, but I'd like to clarify this issue a little bit for you.

1. No. It doesn't mean you're bigoted against gay people if you're straight. No one is saying that. Surely you didn't come away with that understanding from this thread, did you?

2. If you _Give Money_ (Which Chik fil a does) to groups whose goals are to prevent a segment of the population from having basic rights because of your religion/ignorance/feeling in your pinkie toe/upbringing or for Whatever Reason, yes, that's bigotry. If those groups try to tear down families and denigrate certain segments of the population, and you support and give money to them, that is bigotry. If you _Give Money_ to groups whose purposes are bigoted. . . that's bigotry, and that's what so many people are angry with Chik fil a.

There's nothing wrong with people disagreeing about things. If you don't want to read it, don't read it.

She was just lightening things up a little. These threads get too serious too fast, and sometimes a little silliness helps.

:001_smile:

Blessings!

Dorinda