Menu

Could DD6 have mono?

After dinner she started getting a little tired and I thought she felt a little warm. She put herself to bed (remember she's 6) while I was finishing up dinner clean-up, about 2.5hrs before bedtime. She woke up this morning @ 7 and crawled into bed with DH, falling right back asleep. I would say over the course of the day she has been awake a total of one hour. She has come out of her room several times only to run right back to bed after I get some juice in her. She's had a fever, only about 101, on and off all day. She hasn't been complaining about her stomach or anything else. I ususally wait and see with things like this, as it's normally a virus, but she's sleeping WAY more than she normally does when sick.

It is WAY too early to consider mono. Mono is long lasting. There isn't any treatment for it anyway! She would also have a sore neck due to swollen ymph glands, also a sore throat. You get tbose woth colds and viruses, too.

I have had kids of all ages sleep pretty much all day when sick. I wouldn't worry at this point..... Sounds pretty normal for a virus. Poor baby!