Menu

Lively Art of Writing & The Elegant Essay

We used both books but just did them separately. Each has a workbook/teacher manual that you can follow. While they cover the same basics (how to write a thesis statement, how to include supporting details, how to write a conclusion, etc.), they take different approaches.

I basically had my 9th grader read thru LAoW, and then we discussed some things & he practiced writing other things. For EE, we followed the schedule/teacher manual and read & discussed the chapter/concept together. Then DS did the written assignments (& I often did, too) and we shared our work & discussed some more.

• 4 months later...

Hmmm, I don't remember exactly, but it was from a link posted on this forum quite a while back (maybe a few years?). Someone put the workbook together as a Word document & I think I bought it for a few bucks using Paypal. I'll try to find the link or contact person, but you might have better luck just searching on this forum.

Hmmm, I don't remember exactly, but it was from a link posted on this forum quite a while back (maybe a few years?). Someone put the workbook together as a Word document & I think I bought it for a few bucks using Paypal. I'll try to find the link or contact person, but you might have better luck just searching on this forum.

OK, I just searched my old WTM forum messages & found it, back in June 2011. I got it (for free, apparently) from Still Waters, another WTM forum member, who was in the process of creating the workbook & willing to share it. You might want to contact her directly & see if she's willing to share or sell the workbook (which she might have finished by now).

I guess the workbook I had purchased for a few bucks was the one someone else on this forum had created for "How to Read a Book," which was a pdf file.