Menu

Timeline ?'s

momaof3

Knowledgequest has its timelines on sale and it ends tomorrow. What I want to know is do you prefer a wall or book timeline. I am trying to make a decision. The book timeline covers up to modern where as the wall ones are seperate. I think it would be a better deal to get the book but I want to hear from all of you.:)

We used the book timeline this past year. And it looks just about the same as when we got it.

So, for a more visual aspect, we are making our very own wall timeline! I'm nearly done....just need dh's help hanging it up.(I always seem to go lopsided when I hang things)

I have the collection of timeline figures cd, History in the woods I believe, so we'll print what we need out. We'll also use national geographic magazine pictures to make our timewall come alive!

As soon as I get the wall complete I'll post it on my blog under schoolroom!

We used the book timeline this past year. And it looks just about the same as when we got it.

So, for a more visual aspect, we are making our very own wall timeline! I'm nearly done....just need dh's help hanging it up.(I always seem to go lopsided when I hang things)

I have the collection of timeline figures cd, History in the woods I believe, so we'll print what we need out. We'll also use national geographic magazine pictures to make our timewall come alive!

As soon as I get the wall complete I'll post it on my blog under schoolroom!

That sounds good. I will check that out.

I have used book format and wall format over the years and found wall for younger and book for older to be the most effective use of timelines.

This past year I used a string on the hall wall. Dd added figures through the year and at the end of the year we took each figure down and dd narrated to me something about it (as a review). We pasted the pic and wrote what she said on a page and added them to finish out her notebook.

Ds has used SL's Book of Time, home made time line pages, and this year he wants to put them on index cards.

IMHO, the best deal (figuratively speaking) are the wall charts from Homeschool In the Woods.

Then laminate them.

It's about 120 for the charts all totaled, once bought, laminated, and if you choose to get the CD's for figures, add that on as well...

It's a long term investment, and I can't for the life of me ever see where they'd be moving or not be used, they are inexhaustible really. Lots of creative ways to deal with them, but they are large and really need a place planned for them.

The books, not so much $ and more portable.

I am extremely happy with my laminated timeline poster from Geomatters. I put it on the inside of my pantry door where we see it all the time. No need to string up a long timeline along the wall from my front door to the back door of my house:

http://www.home-school-curriculum.com/product/mark-it-timeline-of-history-laminated

I didn't like any of the premade timeline figues (or perhaps I was just too cheap) so I made my own using Google Images to find pictures.