Menu

NC Homeschoolers

It's time for me to register officially since DD will be 7 this school year. I'm confused though as to whether I should register as a religious or a nonreligious school. We are Christian.

Any insight as to why this matters? I've had some tell me that they didn't register as a religious school because it could come back to bite them later? I've had others tell me that if you teach bible as a subject, that you must register as a religious school.

Can anyone lay this out for me?

I registered as non-religious because we don't homeschool primarily for religious reasons.

Same here. Plus I wanted the state to maybe get the hint that some people are leaving the public schools for reasons other than religious ones. You don't have to list as a religious homeschool just because you teach Bible.

I registered as non-religious because we don't homeschool primarily for religious reasons.

:iagree:

Oh, and it doesn't matter if you teach Bible or not. In fact I have done religious studies with my kids at different points. I feel the religious category is for those individuals that are opposed to public school because of their religious beliefs. For us, well... we're opposed for lots of reasons, but that one isn't it!