Menu

Four Days At Home...

alone. DH is taking the kids to visit the in laws, and I am staying here at home with the dogs. :001_smile:

What would you do with four full days home alone? What wouldn't you do with four days home alone? Would you spend time with friends or enjoy the quiet?

I don't want to waste the opportunity, but I also don't want to try and tackle so much that I end up tired when they get back. I plan to tackle some lesson planning to get ready for our school year, but I don't know what else to do! Wondering what others would do...

Um, last time the boys were gone that long I did these things:

- cleaned the kitchen completely, took pictures and posted them on my blog to prove it could be done. I cooked one real meal while they were gone.

- I drank too much and read the entire Twilight saga in 4 days, just to see what the fuss was about. (I'll let you guess whether the drinking was necessary to finish the series or not ;))

- I took more naps than normal

- I played music loudly and sang loudly

I enjoy my alone time. :lol:

Um, last time the boys were gone that long I did these things:

- cleaned the kitchen completely, took pictures and posted them on my blog to prove it could be done. I cooked one real meal while they were gone.

- I drank too much and read the entire Twilight saga in 4 days, just to see what the fuss was about. (I'll let you guess whether the drinking was necessary to finish the series or not ;))

- I took more naps than normal

- I played music loudly and sang loudly

I enjoy my alone time. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I would focus on myself, what I enjoy, good food and drink, good books, girlie movies. I would spend at least one day in jammies.

I would not want to work. Opportunity like this rarely ever presents itself.:001_smile:

:lol::lol::lol:

I would focus on myself, what I enjoy, good food and drink, good books, girlie movies. I would spend at least one day in jammies.

I would not want to work. Opportunity like this rarely ever presents itself.:001_smile:

:iagree::iagree:

Oh my! How heavenly! I would certainly have my beloved version of Much Ado About Nothing with David Tennant on looping the whole time. ;)

I never ever get tired of hearing his voice, especially as Benedick.

http://www.digitaltheatre.com/production/details/much-ado-about-nothing-tennant-tate

I wouldn't cook a thing, get take out sushi and beer for dinner.

I would do some lesson planning too.

Have a wonderful time!

Seriously, I'd go stir crazy by myself since I'm used to having someone around all the time. I would probably plan some time with friends but it doesn't have to be the whole 4 days.

I will say that I like cleaning when no one is around. My house isn't large though so it wouldn't take but a couple of hours to do the whole thing.

I would sleep as late as the dogs let me and I would probably take an afternoon nap.

I would work ahead in ds's lessons so I'm not flying by the seat of my pants for a week or so.

I'd have Starbucks every day and watch the whole BBC production of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle in one sitting.