Menu

Art...HELP!

MilkMaid

I am clueless about art of ANY kind. I have a 7th grader & 9th grader that I homeschool & I do not even know where to begin anything on art. I truly only want to give them a little visual on art. I dairy farm & simply do not have time to devote, nor do my kids, to studying art...Basically just need guidance on maybe a book or books, websites, etc that kinda hits the high spots of art. HELP!:001_huh: I do realize this is a WIDE ranged request..lol..Anything you have will be better than myself.

We really enjoyed the Sister Wendy history of art book. I tried it from the library first. Found a used copy cheap.

Usbourne also makes a good art history books. Many people here like the annotated Mona Lisa.

I have found that art books that cover a large period of time interest my son the most. My daughter enjoys them all!:lol:

I agree with Sr. Wendy as a good resource--also her films. KhanAcademy.org has a good art history section for free. And on a farm, a sketch pad and pencil could be used to practice some drawing of cows etc. for the hands on trying it out part of art.