Menu

spiral bound cardstock?

blondeviolin

Last year, I bought a notebook composed of cardstock sheets in the scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby. It was PERFECT to keep our FIAR/unit studies lapbook pieces together. (See here.) We filled that up and it still is going strong.

I'm wanting to do the SOTW1 lapbook and was hoping to buy one of those notebooks again, but our Hobby Lobby doesn't carry anything of the sort.

I'd prefer it to be spiral bound (or similar) and it DEFINITELY needs to be cardstock or heavyweight paper to withstand the wear and tear of this type of book.

I'm fine proclicking a bunch of cardstock, but I don't think spines will be large enough.

Did you know that you can use regular spirals that are a 3:1 pitch with your ProClick? You just twirl them on yourself. They are available in lots of sizes--I've ordered from mybinding.com a couple of times without any issues.

Oh, I didn't think about that! Do you need any special tools or just the coils?

Oh, I didn't think about that! Do you need any special tools or just the coils?

Just the coils. I've got a pair of finishing pliers, but they don't work great. Elegantlion uses pliers she warms up--PM her and she can explain it. I bought the pliers thinking it would be easier, but I wish I would've just gone with her solution.