Menu

Vocab from the Classic Roots - whats the diff

~Amanda~

Between A-E and 4, 5, and 6?

ETA: how many have used VFLAGR? i'm not seeing much on the board for info, and i contacted about the teachers manual; it seems $$$ for something you cant resell unless it is ALL the answers for ALL of the books

Edited by ~Amanda~

4 is the first one, then 5, 6, A, B etc.

I'm guessing 4-6th grade and the rest ungraded for working through in jr and sr high school.

Thank you. I was rereading my WTM tonight; I saw she recommended vocabulary A-E, and I thought "Oh, I already have that!" nope. I have 4 5 and 6. LOL

Although the first book starts at a higher level than VfCR, there are more than one of us here who think:

Vocabulary from Latin and Greek Roots

is better. (nothing like more choice, eh?) They are more on the level of A-E of the above.

Hijacking...

A)Why do you like these better?

and

B)How readily availabe are the tests & answer keys?

Hijacking...

A)Why do you like these better?

and

B)How readily availabe are the tests & answer keys?

A) meatier and the example sentences are just better quality, to my ear. Less filler.

B) Are there any answer keys for any of them? I haven't looked.

Although the first book starts at a higher level than VfCR, there are more than one of us here who think:

Vocabulary from Latin and Greek Roots

is better. (nothing like more choice, eh?) They are more on the level of A-E of the above.

The younger three books are called "Growing Your Vocabulary: Learning From Latin and Greek Roots." Those would be analogous to VFCR's 4, 5, and 6.

I believe I tagged a couple of threads talking about VFLAGR if you want to do a search to find out more. On my phone right now so can't search/link easily. ETA: they are tagged as vflagr.

Edited by kebg11

The younger three books are called "Growing Your Vocabulary: Learning From Latin and Greek Roots." Those would be analogous to VFCR's 4, 5, and 6.

Oh, yeah, I forgot all about them. You can "view" them on Amazon (and clutch your chest over the used prices) and then buy them at the publisher for 9 bucks each. :)

I did the 5 and 6 Vocab from classical roots and regretted it. So much time wasted. I would have been better off to start with A with my son than the level 5. Level 5 was busywork. He was very bored with it (so was I). I thought it would be a good transition but no it wasn't. It made my son hate vocab. My oldest started with A and he loves it. :glare: They didn't have the 4, 5 or 6 at the time. I would start with A. If it is a younger child go ahead and go at a slower pace.

Holly