Menu

Hey, Vita Luv!

Here you go!

My tissue-papered bathroom walls

Are you going to try it? I still hope to do a glaze over it, but it seems like such a big job now that I have a one-year old under foot. Maybe when she enters the logic stage I'll get it done. :lol:

Your walls look great!

You make it sound like it's not that difficult to do on your own. We've owned this house for 9 years, and there was wallpaper in all the bathrooms when we got here. The previous owners (the builders of the house) didn't texture the bathroom walls before they had the wallpaper put up. I'm finally ready to redo the bathroom walls, and I need to texturize them somehow before I paint.

I'm thinking about giving your technique a try. In the photo, the walls look very nice with just the paint. Could you leave that as your "forever" finish, or do you think you need to do the glaze one day?

And did you play around with the tissue paper on a piece of wood or cardboard before you started putting it on your walls? I think I would feel more confident if I did that first.

Thank you very much!

You could absolutely leave it as the final finish. I just have this vision in my head and it's not going anywhere. Right now you would never guess that I didn't finish the project, but I will....someday.

I did mess around with the tissue on a piece of poster board just to be sure I would like it. The materials are so cheap you can definitely do some trial runs.

My neighbor did her bathroom walls with torn brown paper bags and did some kind of burnishing finish over them. They are beautiful. You could google that and see what you come up with, too.

In our last house, we hated the kitchen wallpaper, and i just bought joint compound (cheap) and troweled it on in a pretty messy way. Then I painted and glazed it. It turned out beautifully and also, no wallpaper stripping. :D