Menu

Kindle Question

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to copy/transfer other e-books on to a Kindle? I have a downloaded pdf version of The Writer's Jungle on my MacBook Pro and would like to be able to read it on my Kindle Touch. Is it possible to do this? If so, could you tell me how?

Many thanks in advance.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375630

At the bottom of the page it says:

Built-in PDF reader for Kindle 2nd Generation devices

Your Kindle 2nd Generation device can display PDF documents*without losing the formatting of the original file. Send PDF documents directly to your Kindle device (via your Send-to-Kindle address), or drag and drop PDF files from your computer to your Kindle device via USB. You can also magnify PDFs by viewing them in landscape mode.

Thank you so much everyone :001_smile:! That's brilliant. I'm really not a natural at these things.

I'll go and give it a go. It's so much nicer to be tucked up in bed with my Kindle than balancing a MacBrook Pro on my lap :tongue_smilie:.

You can put a pdf on your Kindle, but not books formatted for other ereaders. To transfer the pdf, you connect the Kindle to your computer with a usb, then drag and drop the pdf to the kindle.

Actually, you can read other book formats on a kindle (without rooting it). Go into settings and allow the Kindle to install apps from other sources, then go somewhere like Getjar and download another e-reader app like Nook for Android, or Aldiko. Then you can either transfer the book files via USB cable or by emailing them to yourself. Most readers require you to move the files into a specific folder for the program to "see" the book; I use an app called ES File Explorer (think it's available at the Amazon app store) to do so. It sounds cumbersome, but once you're used to how it's done it's very quick to get new books onto your Kindle. :001_smile:

You can put a pdf on your Kindle, but not books formatted for other ereaders. To transfer the pdf, you connect the Kindle to your computer with a usb, then drag and drop the pdf to the kindle.

I did this and it worked! I've actually got a Kindle App on my MacBook Pro too (which is obviously the same account as my Kindle Touch), so I just dragged and dropped into that, it was so easy. I'm thrilled - I've puzzling over this for weeks :o.