Menu

Montessori and Math U See

Lisa3033

We have primarily used the montessori method for the past few years however I am wanting something a bit more step by step so I have looked into math u see and really like the concept behind it.

It is similar to montessori in the way it teaches the decimal system. We already have a pretty extensive Montessori bead collection. Could I skip buying the math u see blocks and just use the beads we have currently?

Personally i would not, we are all in love with the blocks, honestly they are wonderful, my kids are obsessed! My 5yo can do any math problem given to her with the blocks (she prefers not to use them for her MUS work but likes to make her own harder problems) and my 3yo will play with them for hours, she has known all her addition and subtraction facts within 10 since before she was 3 just from playing with those blocks. They are great, I have recommended friends who are not using MUS to get just the blocks as we all love them so much!

Just chiming in about the MUS blocks, WE LOVE THEM! Order them, you won't regret it. We do not use MUS anymore but my sons and daughters love to play with them and use them with their other math (and for building GI Joe forts). ;)

• 2 years later...
Guest MrDarcy'sWife

I know this is old, but I have a similar question. I'm thinking about using math-u-see and also have all the montessori beads. I'm thinking about weaving the two together and was curious if you had success or not?