Menu

husband in car accident, prayers please

My husband was rear ended badly this morning. The entire back frame of his pick up is bent, it was bad. The rear window shattered, his radio came out of the dash, and he hit the headrest of the seat hard enough to leave a bruise and a cut on his head and to break the actual seat. He seemed ok, but I wanted him checked out just in case. He was acting fine, so he drove himself to the urgent care rather than drag our two year old and my pregnant self to such a germy place during nap time. Well, he just called and had to go to a different one due to some insurance issues. I was giving him directions and he seemed a bit confused....making me confirm the names of roads and such. And told me he was at one intersection when he was at another. I'm worried now, and wish I hadn't let him drive. But he really did seem fine, talked to the insurance people on the phone for half an hour in great detail, etc.

please pray he is just stressed, not suffering a concussion, and that he makes it there ok. I told him to take a cab if need be to get home (he has the only working vehicle now or I would go get him.)

UPDATE! Thank you All!! He is home, and doing ok. AFter 3 hours and a hold on our credit card for $175 until they get a check from the insurance company, they said he has whiplash and should be fine. If he vomits or gets worse to go to the ER. DH says they didn't even really do a full exam until he pushed. ugh.

But we have some muscle relaxants, and I'm making him a steak dinner and have ice cream for dessert.

Edited by ktgrok

:grouphug: Praying!

I don't know if this is relevant but I get confused when I've had a bad shock, but it's brain fog....not any kind of head injury.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I hope this is what it is!!! so sorry for all of you!!!

I have had several concussins.:iagree: my confusin has always been immediate. There are delayed bleeds, thoug, so ake sure your dh gets a CT scan!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

You might want to go get him..... my dh was in a similar wreck and he was VERY disoriented the day of the wreck. He did think he was fine..... his car was totaled, and they made him go by ambulance to the hospital and I had to go get him. He then made me go to his work to get his paycheck (he was worried it would be on his desk, he usually doesn't worry about much, and his employer wouldn't have done that), then to the wrecked car to get everything out of it. He was dazed the whole time. Be sure to give him ibuprofen and tylenol together today, he will be VERY sore tomorrow.

And, don't sign anything, you have three years to settle any injuries. Things did come up for us, nothing serious, but it did take awhile to figure out what was wrong and get physical therapy to treat it. It wasn't our fault, but we contacted our insurance company and he gave a statement. They were a great help through the whole process, and medical pay paid for medical expenses even though it wasn't his fault.

Edited by Susan C.

:grouphug::grouphug:

thanks all! I spoke with him a while ago and he was at the urgent care, and just angry about filling out paperwork and them wanting money up front. Ugh. I am just waiting to hear what the doctors say. (and wishing we had UHC so this would be an easier process...our primary wouldn't see him as they won't work with car insurance, the first ugent care center sent him away for some reason or another to a different place, when he got there the doctor was out of the office, so now he is at the last place. And having to pay up front and be reimbursed.)

thanks all! I spoke with him a while ago and he was at the urgent care, and just angry about filling out paperwork and them wanting money up front. Ugh. I am just waiting to hear what the doctors say. (and wishing we had UHC so this would be an easier process...our primary wouldn't see him as they won't work with car insurance, the first ugent care center sent him away for some reason or another to a different place, when he got there the doctor was out of the office, so now he is at the last place. And having to pay up front and be reimbursed.)

:glare::glare::glare: I'm sorry.

I've been out all morning and just saw this. :grouphug: and prayers.

UPDATE! Thank you All!! He is home, and doing ok. AFter 3 hours and a hold on our credit card for $175 until they get a check from the insurance company, they said he has whiplash and should be fine. If he vomits or gets worse to go to the ER. DH says they didn't even really do a full exam until he pushed. ugh.

But we have some muscle relaxants, and I'm making him a steak dinner and have ice cream for dessert.

I'm glad to hear he is okay.