Menu

Do I need these?

UmMusa

I have the Elemental Science Earth and Astronomy for my 2nd grader thanks to an awesome sale here on the boards... so now that I'm looking at the books required for the class I find 8 different reference books :glare: That's a lot of Usborn and Kingfisher to be buying just for one year! (Ok, ihave one other child coming up in the ranks, but that's it... only one more)

So, since the reading assignments are all laid out using these books I'm wondering if you (who used this) did buy all the encyclopedias? And do you want to sell them? And what do you do with them after?

Just wondering :bigear:

No the page numbers don't match up, but almost always the page titles and sections are the same just with more detailed information. It's pretty easy to find the relevant section just before we start. I'm not known for following things to the letter anyway though!

No the page numbers don't match up, but almost always the page titles and sections are the same just with more detailed information. It's pretty easy to find the relevant section just before we start. I'm not known for following things to the letter anyway though!

What is the advantage or difference in having the internet linked one versus not? In Elemental Science she lists the book as Usborne First Encyclopedia of Our World, but in the little amazon store linked to her site is shows up as the internet linked one.