Menu

Do you want more children?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Have one, pregnant with the second, and really want two more after that (I've long been convinced 4 is the perfect number of children, and this new article just reinforced that strongly), but they cost a lot of money, we have nowhere to put them, it's hard, and I'm getting older, so I'll likely have to be content with two. :D

This article makes me so sad. I grew up on a family of three - it sucked. Being the only girl I was pushed out by my brothers - we have no bond at all now really.

I never wanted three kids -but that's all I managed to get :( We were lucky - we thought we would never have kids at all.

YES -I want more kids but health, fertility issues, age and the fact that my last two pregnancies have ended in M/C make it really unlikely.

Those of you who have actual control over your fertility are so lucky. In 10 years I've never used BC and we only ended up with three kids.

Still -we are luckier then those who have never been able to have any -so I try not to complain.

I wish I could have just one more to even things out though.

My DD gets a lot of attention -being the only girl and the oldest and SN.

My baby gets lots of attention because he's cute and charming and funny and demanding and loud.

And then there is my middle child - quiet, sensitive, well-behaved and smart. He often gets overlooked sandwiched between two demanding siblings because he asks for so little - he is a true middle child :crying:

I have four now, and I feel very blessed and happy. But there is a part of me that wants more. Like a LOT more. Does anyone else experience this maternal pull?

There is not any part of me that wants more children. I am 100% overwhelmed! I reserve the right to change my mind, though.

Yes! We have 3, we have Endometriosis, PCOS and MFI in our way so we've had help. We want more, we just had out first RE appointment yesterday for this time around and I start my fertility drugs in a couple weeks. :) I'd love a whole bunch of kids, but this is most likely our last time with the RE, I'm kinda hoping for twins, 5 was always my bare minimum, but at this point, 3 is a miracle, 4 would be wonderful! Cross your fingers for me (and pray for my dh, I don't do so well on the drugs!;))

I only have one but that is enough for me. I grew up in foster care, then in long term foster in a family of 8 children, and was adopted into a family of 6 children. I did not get very much personal attention. Nobody called it this back then, but I was definitely an RAD child. I just don't have it in me to have a bunch of kids. Our daughter is great though and we are so happy to have her. She might be a little spoiled though. ;)

I do. I hope I will feel done someday. I would really, really like at least one more in a couple of years. I figure if God sends them, He'll send a way to provide for them too.

If I never have another baby, though, and four is God's will for us, I will be okay with that. I will be grateful for the four He gave us, and I will know that I enjoyed those four as much as I could.

ETA: I have had easy pregnancies and births and really, really like babies a lot, and I think that probably makes a difference. The hands-on type of parenting that infants needs comes easily to me, so I have fond memories of those days. Part of me says I could be a surrogate for someone because I love being pregnant and giving birth (mostly; there are always a few weeks toward the end when I'm ready to be done, as well as a short time during labor when I'm not so happy), but I'm not sure I could then not be the one to snuggle, feed, and nurture that baby.

Edited by happypamama

And then there is my middle child - quiet, sensitive, well-behaved and smart. He often gets overlooked sandwiched between two demanding siblings because he asks for so little - he is a true middle child :crying:

Don't worry too much about him yet, mama -- he's still pretty little. My DS1 is sandwiched between a whirlwind of an older sister and a whirlwind little brother, and he's very shy and quiet to boot, whereas the other two are not. He blossomed a ton after he turned six, though, and he's come into his role as the oldest boy/older brother.

We have three and both want more. Hopefully soon. I could see us someday with a large family, and very much feel the draw to adopt, maybe even later in life, adopting kids aging out of the system. We will see what the Lord has in store for us.

I am totally done with 4 boys and I "feel" done. I have NO desire to hold a baby anymore and I don't get the "awww - I want another one of these" feelings when I see a friends baby or their small children. I have the opposite - a "praise the Lord I am done" feeling.

BUT if you are not having those feelings then you may not be finished...;)

:iagree: 3 girls and done, done, done. In fact if I found out I was pregnant someone would have to lock me in a padded room while I came to terms with it :lol:.

Hubby would love more though :glare:.

Meredith

I did, but dh said no and was very serious. Our son requires a lot and there was the fear of having another child with a disability as well as my own health.

I was very sad for a time. Prayer, for me, really helped. Recently we have had the opportunity to mentor some youth at church. That has been a blessing to me and had filled a little void.