Menu

Do you want more children?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from my uterus!

We're 100% done making people. It's still possible that we may foster down the road. Doubtful on adoption, but you never know. At minimum, I would like to do a lot of hosting programs. I love parenting.

This. This is definitely me as well.

I used to want lots of kids when I was younger.

I'm 45 and single. I have two kids and that is perfect.

I will admit to occasionally thinking more would be fun. But I also admit to occasionally thinking less would be easier . . . .

Hmmm... tough question. I'm divorced, so I guess it would be up to my future husband and I. If I was to get married again I have no idea if that man would want kids or not??? Weird things to think about. I never thought I would have to think about these things again.

No. I always thought I would want many children, however, I have one and I'm perfectly happy with just him. The idea of starting over does not appeal to me at all. There have been so many benefits and blessings to having just one child.

I have 3 and am done, done, done. I didn't feel that way until after DS2 was born though. I always wanted 5, DH would have been happy with 1. Once DS2 was here though I felt done, our family is complete, I don't feel like anyone is missing, and I don't miss the newborn stage at all. I like that all 3 are starting to become at least a bit more independent. I am really loving the stage we are at now, and can't wait till we have no more diapers, and all preschoolers and older.

I also can't wait for Grandkids to play with in another 25 years or so. I have no cravings or wants for another baby or child of my own.

Yes, I would like another. It is ironic, because I thought I was DONE after 4. But now I am so happy with 6 I find myself wishing for number 7. It's funny how you change with age, I was always 15 going on 40, so I never expected my opinions would change as I got older.

Although I'd like more, I've had 5 c-sections, so it won't be happening. If I could have them naturally, and money was no object, I'm sure I would have a couple more.

I have four now, and I feel very blessed and happy. But there is a part of me that wants more. Like a LOT more. Does anyone else experience this maternal pull?

Yes, I have 6. I would have liked to have had 8, and I STILL sometimes long for another one, even though dh and I are too old at this point.

When the baby is being so sweet and cute, I think about it. Then the older kids start bickering with each-other and the thought goes out the window:glare:.

I love my kids. We all adore the baby, but honestly, it's A LOT of work to raise a family right (as you probably know lol). Most days, I am stretched to the limit. Like I've said before, I think it takes a certain type of person to raise a large family well. I'm NOT that person!

Besides, dh is going to be 46 this summer:001_huh:. He loves the kids too, but lets face it, he's slowing down. He will be 62 when the baby graduates high school.

No, we have three and will not have anymore biologically as we are both 49 this year and we have both had procedures that make pregnancy extremely doubtful (and good that it is since I take a medication that definitely causes bad birth defects). I could see myself doing more of what I did a bit this year- one teen girl in our church cannot live at home due to dangers and a few families in our church take turns having her live at their homes. FOr the summer, she is living with one family and that may continue for the next year. This last year, she mostly spent time in three families with us being a sometimes choice. The other three families have no children at home while I have a high schooler still at home who is her friend.

I wanted more babies for quite a while after my last one. I am very glad now that dh said he didn't. I have 4 teens and I am constantly parenting other people's kids by hosting students from another country, hosting in state kids in summer progrmas, or doing foster care. It is very easy to add more people or kids to your family/life later.

miserable and pregnant right now. I feel I have a full plate but of course after two years of having a kid I notice I am forget of the misery of pregnancy, postpartum, babyhood, toddler stage. I am such a sucker for older preschoolers.

Let's see I am on number 8 child raising/raised and 5th pregnancy.

I grew up in a family of 7 and have always wanted a big family of my own. We had to stop at 3 as my health couldn't handle the pregnancies. I really, really, really wish we could have more though. I have 3 extra kids all summer this year and I'm completely in my element. 6 kids in the house just feels right.

Yes. I would love another member of the family. Unfortunately my health would restrict the quality of care that I would be able to give another during their younger years. I'm doing fine with the five year old, and I am blessed with a lot of extra hands for the physical things (chasing, racing, bike riding, baseball, football, etc.). My mobility will most likely continue to deteriorate, plus I'm getting old. :glare:

I'll just wait :toetap05: for more grandchildren.

Yes! I really want one more, hopefully a girl. :001_wub: Plus, I can't reconcile myself to the idea that I would have my last baby at age 22! Dh wants another baby, too, but we're waiting to see if he can get transferred to a new office that his company is suppose to be opening in 2013. :glare:

I feel really sorry for my friend. She really wants another baby, but her husband had himself snipped because he didn't want more than 2. She holds every baby she comes across, but it's not the same. :sad:

I would like more.

That probably won't happen for a lot of reasons. Finances are one. I also had serious complications with Sylvia that have a 25-30% chance of recurring. They landed me on hospital bedrest for a month, and I don't think we could handle that with 2 kids at home.

Also, the more I think about it, the luckier I feel that the girls are here as they are. So many things could have gone wrong... I feel anxiety that things wouldn't turn out well again.