Menu

Do you want more children?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am totally done with 4 boys and I "feel" done. I have NO desire to hold a baby anymore and I don't get the "awww - I want another one of these" feelings when I see a friends baby or their small children. I have the opposite - a "praise the Lord I am done" feeling.

BUT if you are not having those feelings then you may not be finished...;)

Yes, I do. But dh does not and he got a V. That's his choice. I am truly depressed about it. We had a scare this week where we thought his v failed and I was having a miscarriage, but it looks like just some haywire hormonal problems. It freshened the wound of knowing I will never have another child. :(. I was told I'd never be able to have kids. I've proved them wrong 5 times now. So I am blessed, but i am still greedy for more.

Yes. Have one, pregnant with the second, and really want two more after that (I've long been convinced 4 is the perfect number of children, and this new article just reinforced that strongly), but they cost a lot of money, we have nowhere to put them, it's hard, and I'm getting older, so I'll likely have to be content with two. :D

We have four boys as well and are expecting a surpise little girl in Sept. It's not that we didn't/don't want more, but because of my health we were waiting until/if we could get me healthy again. This preg. Has confirmed that we were on the right track, but I'm so thankful for this little girl <3...but we are doubling, tripling, whatever our bc efforts after her birth, lol.

And, if I was honest I wwould that my dh has chosen a life, entrapenurial, that is far from stable. I don't know how many diff. things he's done that haven't met our needs because he doesn't want a boring job! He'd have to become more steady and make the choice to provide us with a dependable and lower stress, meeting basic needs life (we are living in a fifth wheel so he can have capital to start a new business..I consented but told him this is the last time I'm doing trailer life for an idea...he'll have to work himself out of a job next time, sigh, lol, whatever...before this we spent both of our inheritances which was a lot, mucho money on his ideas/gambles :)), and I'm just not sure that's going to ever hsppen. :P He's a hard worker, just, well what I said, lol.

P.s. I've always wanted a large family as my grandma had 7 and I loved all the aunts, uncles, cousins, it was like a big party growing up and so much fun and happiness. We just had a family reunion and it was wonderful. :)

Edited by JENinOR

Yes, with everything in me. My best efforts to not think on more babies are being thwarted by the large advertisements for hpts on my email site, though! Seriously, how do "they" know??? With only a couple exceptions I've been expecting at this point after having a baby and my body is wondering what is up, I think. I'm still pumping a few times/day (nothing like the 7-8 times/day I was just a few weeks ago!) but nothing is "starting"...sigh. Trying to be patient, trying to not dwell on what the future holds...trying. ;)

I would also like to officially protest against all the ladies IRL around me who are getting their cycles back even with cosleeping, demand feeding, etc. I do none of those and yet nothing. grrrrr

Yes, I have always felt that I would have more kids. I am just not giving birth anymore. We are looking into our foster to adopt program right now. I am going to start taking classes in the fall. By this time next year, I hope to have a teenager living with us.

We have 5, all but one in their early teens, and we would absolutely have more if we could afford them. Most of my friends think I am a freak of nature, but I deeply love parenting...yes...even teens and tweens. I would not, however, want infants or toddlers, but would adopt older children (3 of ours were 8, 10 and 11 upon joining oru family). Again, I know I am a freak of nature, but we'd do it again in a heartbeat and wish we actually could.

We are done though, as we can not afford another child, neither in adoption costs nor looking at the cost of raising them, we are stretched enough as it is now.

Sorta breaks my heart.

Cindy

I'll let my signature speak.

:D

E.T.A. I'm content. I'm content with more and I'm content with no more... I think. The baby is only one so it's easy to feel content. This is a good place for me, but I've thought that before and then a new person comes and I can't imagine life without that person too!

Edited by BlsdMama

I have four now, and I feel very blessed and happy. But there is a part of me that wants more. Like a LOT more. Does anyone else experience this maternal pull?

Alllll the time :001_smile:

Especially today. I'm an aunt for the first time and have looking at baby pictures and sooo wanting more. If only it were that easy. I don't want another round of sleepless months, food allergies, potty training, crazy toddlers running into trouble picking up stuff and wandering around. I don't want more ugly snarky comments from unhappy preteens or more fussing and noise in general. So I try to focus on that, but I feel sad that I"m not going to be 'there' again being pregnant and having a baby.

Ask me again once little man's second set of molars come in because right now it's all I can do to keep around the one I have. :lol:

Really though, we hope to have three. I'm limited to csections, and we think three abdominal surgeries is the place to stop for us.

Edited by Annie

I am due with number 5 in a few weeks. When I got pregnant, I said this is definitely the last one. Now I'm already feeling sad that this might be the last time I am pregnant, have a newborn, nurse a baby etc etc. I'm not sure I will ever get to the point where I feel 'done', but I may have to force myself to stop because I'm tired and I don't want to neglect the children I already have.

I do, but my youngest was diagnosed with autism back in December. We could handle another child with autism if he/she had a good expected long-term prognosis like youngest DD does. But we simply do not have the financial or emotional resources to cope with one who was severely impaired. Maybe if we knew what caused DD's autism and could do something to prevent a recurrence, but that's not information we have available to us right now.

Adoption is something I'd be open to when #3 is a bit older and more independent.

I have four now, and I feel very blessed and happy. But there is a part of me that wants more. Like a LOT more. Does anyone else experience this maternal pull?

Yep, that's why #5 is one the way :-) I figure I'll end up with something like 7-9 kids, but dh and I both come from big families so that doesn't seem unreasonable. I remember when I was obviously pregnant with #3 a random fellow at the park asked me why in the world I would want another since I already had two (a girl and a boy--isn't that the full set?:tongue_smilie:) I told him I liked the children I already had so well, of course I wanted more!

When I was young & beginning my family I thought I knew the specific amount I wanted. Then we lost a baby & have been incapable of conceiving since. My heart aches often for holding a squishy sweet smelling little bub. I'd expand my family in a heartbeat without thinking twice about it if I could.

I have 4 and want more. Unfortunately, DH doesn't. :sad: I have easy pregnancies and wouldn't mind having one and I'd also be thrilled to adopt. My parents came from large families but only had 2 kids. I always wanted more brothers and sisters and to be the old grandmother surrounded by so many kids and grandkids. I think it is so wonderful how my aunts, uncles, and cousins all have so many close relatives to count on throughout their lives. :001_wub:

Yes, yes, yes! We have 5...3 adopted (can't go that route anymore), and 2 bio surprises (my body isn't cooperating for any more). Our youngest is praying her little heart out for a new baby sister to love. I pray that God will give her her heart's desire through a special miracle.