Menu

Which two 'computers'?

AKamp

We will be purchasing a desktop MAC for the main computer. I cannot decide between a Dell laptop (offered through our allotment) or an iPad? Both can be reimbursed, so money is not a deciding factor. There are times when the kids are at their grandparents cabin for a week, so I would like portability. I don't know what can be done on the iPad (other than the educational apps). Oldest DS would mainly use it to type any assignments from IEW, which he could also neatly write, I suppose. We already own a macbook and Toshiba laptop, but they are mine and DH. What would be more beneficial? TIA!

We love our iPad and use it all the time for school work. With Notability you can download eBooks and write on them without using any paper. This is what we do for IEW Fix-It. My son corrects the sentences on the iPad and then copies them in a notebook. We are also using it for MEP math and many other PDFs. The educational apps are great too, but we us it for a lot more! We also have a laptop, which is very nice, but for school work I think we use the iPad much more often.