Menu

Creative (Not critical/logic) Thinking Resources/Curriculum?

Ecclecticmum

I wrote another thread before, but I had a hard time figuring out what what it was called, that I was after!

I'm interested in links (and should hopefully be useful for others too, since it was so hard for me to find!) for Creative thinking/Thinking outside the box/imagination starters.

Ones I have found so far:

Mind Sparklers Series by Prufrock Press

Tin Man Press (I am literally in love with their products)

Anti-Coloring Series

Does anyone have any others?

Creative thinking - Ones for sparking the imagination, getting them thinking using their imagination of what could be. This is also useful for Right Brain Learners, SN's, and alternative learners.

Not to be confused with Creative Writing. Although it can "lead on" or go hand-in-hand to that, this is more about the "getting them thinking" part, than writing prompts. There's quite a number of threads out there about Creative Writing, so this is more about the sparking.

:D

Here's a couple things I bookmarked last night (not exactly the same thing, but helpful resources)

Wikki Stix

Dreamers, Discoverers & Dynamos

Project-Based Homeschooling

Take a Cloud Walk (Free eBook)

15 Minutes Outside

Bright Ideas Shop (for the gifted & talented) - This shop has loads of products, and a good number of thinking skills, haven't checked it out fully yet, but came across a number of creative thinking resources

Will definitely be checking out the other ideas given, thank you! :D

There's a book called "Team building" I found when searching Amazon for Odyssey of the Mind. It has a lot of ideas for stretching creativity. Despite the title, most do not have to be done as a group. The challenges are like: Think of as many ways as you can that an orange is similar to a loaf of bread. (That is not a real example LOL).

There's a book called "Team building" I found when searching Amazon for Odyssey of the Mind. It has a lot of ideas for stretching creativity. Despite the title, most do not have to be done as a group. The challenges are like: Think of as many ways as you can that an orange is similar to a loaf of bread. (That is not a real example LOL).

Thanks --

Who's the author?

I thought of this when I woke up this morning : what about Private Eye (the one with loupes)?

http://www.the-private-eye.com/

Thats brilliant! I think I saw that on one of your previous threads, but I glanced at the link and assumed it was for middle/highschoolers. That'll teach me to assume :tongue_smilie: I think Chaos would get an absolute blast out of that line of "school" as well. he loves his scopes, binos, and magnifying glasses.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but...I just posted about how pretend play/ dramatic play has made a fun change in our school. You can read about it here...http://www.realfunhomeschool.com/2012/07/dramatic-play-pretend-play.html

I was amazed how much this helped my younger dd's creative juices get flowing. She is a child who HATED ps kindy. So, my job was to start and get her to like school. She is also working with a SLP, who was so excited that I am adding more of this type of curriculum to our day. What I love is how my girls think they are playing, but they don't even realize how much they are learning, and writing, and doing math, so on, so on...

• 3 weeks later...