Menu

I am hoping someone knows this answer!!!

My daughter has her junior operating license, which means she is not supposed to be driving between the hours of 12:30 and 5:00 a.m.

A few weeks ago she was coming home from a friends house around midnight and noticed someone that she knew from high school wandering in the middle of the road, highly intoxicated. She asked him what he was doing and he said his friends were supposed to have picked him up but he didn't know where they were. He was completely out of it and unaware that he was even in the middle of the street.

She offered to give him a ride home. Turns out he lives completely across town, and was very confusing while giving directions. By the time she dropped him off and headed home it was close to 1:00 a.m.

She was pulled over by the police, and cited for a time restriction violation, which means she loses her license for 60 days.

She went to the RMV to appeal it today and they told her that they would schedule a hearing for her. For some reason they did not have the authority to reinstate her license, although they did tell her they were sympathetic towards her situation.

Does anyone know if she can drive while this is being appealed? She didn't think to clarify this with the RMV before she left.

Gaaahh!

This falls under "No good deed goes unpunished"

I think it falls under, "life lessons for teens." She had other options, such as calling the police. In fact, she placed herself in a dangerous situation.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

:iagree:I whole heartedly agree !!! A teen age girl SHOULD NOT under any cirrcumstances pick up a drunk (or not) male friend/acquaintance at midnight.

I think it falls under, "life lessons for teens." She had other options, such as calling the police. In fact, she placed herself in a dangerous situation.

Hindsight's always easy, but, yeah. I probably wouldn't have thought of it at the time, but calling his parents would have been a great option!

To the OP, I am sorry your daughter is in this situation. It is hard when we end up punished for doing a good deed.