Menu

Discovery Education Plus?

mindygz

I'm expecting twins in September, and trying to figure out ways to have an enriching homeschool experience when I will probably only be able to really spend time on the basics (LangArts & Math). This last year we had access to Discovery Education through the OnlineG3 (or whatever it was called) and I felt like it was a good supplement, whenever I thought to use it, to our science and history studies.

I am wondering about just signing up for Plus and calling that our Science curriculum for the year? (In addition to using the other stuff they offer as supplements for other subjects.) What do you think?

Lastly, what have you used on DE Plus that you have really loved and would recommend? I tend to get overwhelmed on resources like these and miss out on a lot of great stuff because I can't figure out where to start.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

We use it regularly, I can't recommend it enough. Some really great ancient history videos and earth science. The quizzes/guides are pretty useful.

ETA: I think it would be okay to call it good for your Science curriculum.

I'll ask kiddo what her favorites were and get back to you.

Edited by Delirium

We also had it this last year through G3. I thought I would use it constantly... we love Documentaries. In the end we watched maybe 1/2 a dozen videos. The quality was so bad, made the videos unbearable. Half the time I could barely understand the sound for all the static. FYI I have a very fast internet connection and brand new computer. I wouldn't pay more then the $60 G3 had it at.

This is a great list of things to find: http://satorismiles.com/resources/discovery-education-streaming/

I found for my older son I had to look up videos that were relevant to what we were studying. my younger just had favorite shows he watched. the nice thing about the plus, at least when we had it, is the videos sometimes had user ratings. the Gthree student pack didnt have that.