Menu

sit and stand stroller?

My daughter will be 2 1/2 when my baby is born. She has never loved the stroller, but at theme parks and such it is of course a big help. My oldest always hated them and we never used one. (I baby wear a lot). Thinking about getting a sit and stand stroller so that the two year old can hop on and off as needed, but the baby can ride. (would still bring a mei tai with us at all times, in case baby objects, lol).

Anyone have one and like it? I want the option of a full seat for the big kid I think, so that at theme parks she could really rest/pass out. Or if one of the seats would work for both, so that in those situations I could wear the baby if the big one was asleep in a seat? I don't know. Also, do they come with an infant car seat usually? Debating car seats too and don't want to buy an infant seat and then get a stroller that had one with it.

things were less complicated the first time around. Or even when there was a 10 year spacing, lol.

I hear good things about them. I never bought one because I needed a full out double stroller with my first two being 10 months apart. They don't usually come with infant seats so I'd go ahead and buy one. Or seeing that you babywear, sometimes it's cheaper just to get a good convertible and use your sling for popping in and out of stores. My kids were out of their infant seats in a couple of months so they really weren't worth the money we spent.

I had a double one. :tongue_smilie: Twins and then a baby within 2.5 yrs, so it had two tandem full seats, and then the sit/stand bench in back. My only complaint is that it steered like a truck, but I think that was because it was a double and the length of a semi, not because it was a sit 'n' stand.

I also wore my babies, but it was still nice to have that option to have someplace to put all three. If everyone was pooped, and needed to konk out, then the sling does work well for that. Those strollers don't come with infant seats, as far as I know.

I bought this stroller when I was pregnant with my youngest. My son HATED being restrained in the stroller but there were times we were going to be out too long for him to be able to walk the whole time or situations where he was better off confined. The sit and stand was perfect and he loved riding on the jump seat. I pretty much never used it with both full seats as a double stroller but it was a nice option to have. An infant car seat will sit in the front with an attachment that came with it but it didn't include the seat itself. We had a Graco Snugride and it fit well.

Folded we could fit this stroller in the trunk of a Honda Civic but not much else would go in. It was pretty easy to fold and not extremely heavy. The basket was hard to get into if the front seat was all the way down and a kid was in the jumpseat but I didn't find that a big deal.

I had a sit-and-stand stroller for my girls, and it was just what we needed. On the one I had, you could snap the car seat down. More than one company makes them these days so you have some options. The one I had also lacked good storage and didn't have a cup holder at all. When the little one was tine, I typically had her in her sling more often than her car seat.