Menu

hair products, toiletries and simplifying!

A vacation that I hadn't had in a long time made me find how high maintenance I am. :001_huh: Trying to find hair care products that hold, freeze, or don't flake and wash clean without trashing hair color is great if you're not trying to find travel size or saving money.

I just replenished my products because they were running out and the bill was astounding! There has to be something worthwhile out there that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that local stores have. A small travel size Sebastian hair spray was $8.95! I just about died!

So what is a good, non flaking hairspray, freeze spray, shampoo and conditioner that is GREAT that doesn't put me in the poor house? Any recommendations?

I won't go into face care or make-up. I guess I decided it was cheaper to buy the best and not whittle away money at lousy products, because they were so lousy they got tossed, wasting money. But worrying about running out while on vacation made me have to replenish and, most isn't found at a regular store!

Why does it cost so much to exist?

Here are a few things I have found that actually work BETTER than the expensive stuff:

Shampoo - White Rain Hydrations Color Nourish (this is seriously like a $1)

Conditioner - Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture conditioner (has fiber actives) - I leave this on my head about 3 minutes before I rinse it out - awesome stuff

Face wash - I am 40 and still breakout - I used to spend a fortune on facial stuff - now I wash with St. Ives Naturally Clear green tea cleanser (with salysilic acid) - I got this at Target I think

IHTH - if you want any suggestions on foundation and stuff I have moved from 100's of dollars at Sephora to Almay at the drug store and have been thrilled!

:001_smile:

Is the hairspray an aerosol or a pump spray? I usually just buy the bottles from the drugstore or Target and fill them with stuff I already own. Barring that (sometimes it's tough to find a suitable hairspray bottle), I buy the cheapest product I can find in a good travel sized bottle and then replace the cheap product with my product of choice.

Is the hairspray an aerosol or a pump spray? I usually just buy the bottles from the drugstore or Target and fill them with stuff I already own. Barring that (sometimes it's tough to find a suitable hairspray bottle), I buy the cheapest product I can find in a good travel sized bottle and then replace the cheap product with my product of choice.

Ha! Great idea....for the freeze spray. Otherwise hairspray is aerosol. :(

When I just got back from travel, I couldn't bring full-size stuff. I was alotted 40# for two people for 12 days! Ugh. And you can't bring full size stuff as carry-on. So I would have had to spend $80 for luggage instead of $40!