Menu

Big Excitement Today

Our cat is having kittens.

She loves my ds so he sat and rubbed her back for awhile. She purred and rubbed on him. Then he felt her belly and could feel the next kitty moving inside her belly. He's on top of the world now and just amazed. Love seeing him have this experience.

Yes, I get the world has too many kittens... but just the same I'm happy all my guys are having the experience. We will make sure all the kittens end up in a wonderful home. We are prepared to keep them if we must. We plan to keep at least 2. We didn't plan on this happening - but making the best of it.

We adopted a stray kitten and found out she was already pregnant. She was just a baby herself...only 4 or 5 months old when she got pregnant. She ended up having *5* living kittens. She was nothing but a bag of bones after the birth because everything she ate went into growing her kittens and her own body. It really was an amazing experience, but we had her fixed as soon as we could. Be sure to handle the kittens a lot when mama is okay with it. It helps to make sweet, lovable cats.

She has only had one so far. She put it in my lap and went and ate then came back and got it.

:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub: Awwww! She trusts you to babysit. Mine had hers in secret, but we hadn't known her long. I was actually in labor at the same time as my kitty, but didn't know it. I had my 4th daughter at home in the evening and the next morning the kids were yelling that baby cat had had kittens.

She has had 4 now. She went 7 hours between 2 and 3 then had 3 and 4 back to back. I hope she's done now! I was really hoping when she went 7 hours that she was done at 2 so I wouldn't have to find homes for any of them. The poor things are black and white so I know that will make homing them harder.

If they turn out like her they will be super sweet and tame though. She is a snuggle bug.

She has had 4 now. She went 7 hours between 2 and 3 then had 3 and 4 back to back. I hope she's done now! I was really hoping when she went 7 hours that she was done at 2 so I wouldn't have to find homes for any of them. The poor things are black and white so I know that will make homing them harder.

If they turn out like her they will be super sweet and tame though. She is a snuggle bug.

Not necessarily...I know when I'm looking at pets, color does not matter...it is all about the personality. ;)

Hey! Where are the pictures? I know that it is harder to find homes for black or black and white cats because our shelter is having a reduced price on them this week to try to get them adopted. It's kind of funny because I have 5 cats and a bunny and they are all black and white. We just seem to attract black and white animals.:lol:

Kittens 1 and 2, no good pics of 3 and 4 yet. But they are black and white just like number 1.

[attach]9592[/attach]

Momma and 4 babies

[attach]9595[/attach]

Proud momma... this is how she greats me almost every time I walk near her. She has them all covered up but if she sees me she rolls on her back and starts purring.

[attach]9596[/attach]

post-16133-13535087133426_thumb.jpg

post-16133-13535087133576_thumb.jpg

post-16133-13535087133802_thumb.jpg

post-16133-13535087133426_thumb.jpg

post-16133-13535087133576_thumb.jpg

post-16133-13535087133802_thumb.jpg

Awww ... they're precious! You need to set up a webcam like sevenkittens for us to watch. :D

If not, at least update us with some pictures now and again as they grow. Kittens are too adorable! One of my most beloved kitties was black with a tiny white spot. I'd love one too.

I'm not sure if I'm that talented! I have no idea how to go about setting that up.

But I'm glad you shared the link... they are so adorable! Love the sweet colors and fuzziness.

Personally I don't mind black/white cats. But I am a sucker for the soft sweet colors too.

I'm not sure if I'm that talented! I have no idea how to go about setting that up.

But I'm glad you shared the link... they are so adorable! Love the sweet colors and fuzziness.

Personally I don't mind black/white cats. But I am a sucker for the soft sweet colors too.

Some (very annoying) person posted the kitten cam here! :D The kids and I have been watching them on my computer for 2 or 3 weeks - we always have the cam up on our big computer monitor. They are at such a cute stage right now and play tons! It is a very cute litter too.

It's been interesting watching their colors pop out and change over time too, so some of yours might change a bit too. The darkest calico on the kitten cam used to be very black, but now she's much more mottled looking. Her name is Spooky. :001_smile:

Have fun with your new babies! All this kitten talk is making me super jealous.

ETA - we have a tabby that could be sibs with your mommy cat. She's very cute and looks so sweet!

Edited by kck