Menu

The whackadoodles came to the county fair. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY DID!!!!!!

I just came from a two hr. stint on barn security at the 4-H exhibits barn. We had the sheriff's posse out twice!!!!!!! :glare:

Whackadoodle #1 tried to make off with one of the children's short-stories. Seriously! I'm not making this up. It's too bizarre for me to even think of. I'm just not that creative. He F'bombed his way through a tirade about he'd _ing do what he _ing pleased and he was _ing taking that _ing story home to his _ing kids. (Doesn't bear thinking about what home is like for kids with a moron like that for a parent figure.) While he lost what was left of his pea sized mind on the other lady working the barn, I called down to the switch board and had them send one of my favorite deputies ASAP. He nearly got his rear handed to him on a silver platter.

BUT, and you are just going to have your eyeballs pop out when you read this.....while we were dealing with that kerfuffle, apparently thinking we were too distracted two guys pulled up to the barn with a pick-up truck and tried to steal one of the oak chests that won an honor's ribbon! Now when I say chest, I mean literally an oak trunk...so large that it can't be carried by a single male because it's too broad. It takes two people no matter how strong to carry that thing out. WHILE THE SHERIFF'S DEPUTY WAS CUFFING THE DANG STORY THIEF!!!!! AS IF NO ONE WOULD NOTICE!

Law enforcement loaded up that riff-raff as well.

We now have to have the barn watched from 8:00 a.m. when the doors to the facility are opened, until 11:00 p.m. which is half an hour after fair closes and the deputies go around making sure that everyone left inside are 4-H or fairboard members.

I would really like to see these people sentenced to some ditch digging in this 100 degree weather. I called dh and he suggested that we hook them to plows and have them break sod! :D

Forget jail, it just doesn't seem to make that much of an impression.

I wonder what the county DA will think when this crosses his desk.

Faith

What the what? :lol::lol:

Forget the ditches! Our fair goes a full week. Send them up here to the pig exhibit!! That place is RIPE after a week of pigs.

Well, yes...mucking out after pigs using say a tea cup and a measuring spoon, might just be the ticket.

If they would give me a gun, I'd volunteer to babysit the slimes while they work!

Faith

I'm sorry...what??? Where do you live??? That's crazy. 1 story is crazy enough, but 2 stories that's just hard to even believe. :lol:

I know!!!! That's just it. Idiot number one just astounded me, but when dear lady turned around to see that oak chest going around the corner, I think there was this moment of total shock and awe...just complete bewilderment before she could pick her jaw up and get the deputy's attention.

I just cannot imagine who wakes up in the morning and thinks, "Today, I'm going to go down to the county fair and steal some 4-H exhibits." WHO DOES THIS????

It staggers my imagination that's for sure. :banghead:

Faith

I may have watched too many crime dramas, but I think story thief was sent to create a diversion and the real target was that oak chest.

:tongue_smilie:

Very astute! I didn't even think of that. But, that makes sense because I just could not imagine why this guy was making such a scene over a short story. You'd think he would have dropped it and high-tailed it out of the barn. I guess none of them thought A. anyone would be watching and B. if someone was, that they they would call the law.

Can I just say that I have barn duty again tomorrow for about four hrs. and I'm really not looking forward to it?

Faith

I know!!!! That's just it. Idiot number one just astounded me, but when dear lady turned around to see that oak chest going around the corner, I think there was this moment of total shock and awe...just complete bewilderment before she could pick her jaw up and get the deputy's attention.

I just cannot imagine who wakes up in the morning and thinks, "Today, I'm going to go down to the county fair and steal some 4-H exhibits." WHO DOES THIS????

It staggers my imagination that's for sure. :banghead:

Faith

I honestly don't know. :lol: Well, I guess it does make for some funny stories, though.

Sorry, but this is too hilarious!!! The first ding-dong sounded weird, but the thieves with the truck sound like something out of a comedy show.

Can't wait for tomorrow's synopsis, ahaha!!

Perhaps the first guy was supposed to distract attention for the second thieves to get the real object? They figured everyone would think him crazy and he'd be let go.

Where do these people come from??

We had a lady come in one of our retail stores and tell my oldest a very racist joke. When he told her he didn't think that was funny, she starting screaming and cursing him all the way out the door. The other customers just stood there in shock. He also had two elderly women get in a fistfight over who was next in line. They were actually hitting each other, and he had to break it up. They both had to be in their 60's.

The whole world has gone crazy!!

Perhaps the first guy was supposed to distract attention for the second thieves to get the real object? They figured everyone would think him crazy and he'd be let go.

that was my thought too -- these kooks must be working together. Too much of a coincidence that it happened at the same time.

I've never figured out how a county fair can be both a great place for families and yet also bring out the weirdest of the weird.

Several years ago I entered cakes in the fair and won prizes. The prizes were things like a crystal bowl, apron, etc. And there was prize money also. The day I went to pick up the check for the prize money, they other prizes had been stolen. They left the envelope with the check but took the goofy kitchen towels, packets of yeast, wooden spoons, etc.

What kind of nut steals a trophy with someone else's name on it???????

Oh, wait. The guy in the opening post was trying to steal a story. Nevermind. Your weirdo is worse than mine.

Our fair entries are put up behind barriers to slow people somewhat. Some are tied down. And while there is a back door, that is where they usually have large cattle gates just for air flow. If you want to enter, or exit, you have to go thru one of 2 narrow doors and there are people posted on each side. And the food is now kept behind large screens to keep those wanting free food out of reach. But really, our fair lasts a week. Even in Spetember it is 90+ outside and the pies, etc will often mold. Who is stupid enough to eat moldy foods???

At least some kid has bragging rights now. "My story was SO GOOD some nut job tried to steal if from the County Fair!"

So true. Won't that make a brilliant college application essay someday?

Not surprised by the moldy food theft. At a local science fair a kid had his display, jars of jelly beans, stolen from his table. The project was clearly marked as testing the Five Second Rule, so the jelly beans had been subjected to all manner of bacteria and untold crud, but that did not deter the thieves.

So true. Won't that make a brilliant college application essay someday?

Not surprised by the moldy food theft. At a local science fair a kid had his display, jars of jelly beans, stolen from his table. The project was clearly marked as testing the Five Second Rule, so the jelly beans had been subjected to all manner of bacteria and untold crud, but that did not deter the thieves.

Well, apparently someone believed in the 5 sec rule :lol: