Menu

How do you wash baseball caps?

I have never done this, and I have some caps that really need to be cleaned (or thrown out). If you have washed them in the dishwasher, do you use any soap? What kind? Anyway, I'd really appreciate knowing any way you've washed caps that worked well!

I have never done this, and I have some caps that really need to be cleaned (or thrown out). If you have washed them in the dishwasher, do you use any soap? What kind? Anyway, I'd really appreciate knowing any way you've washed caps that worked well!

I just toss them in the clothes washer. I have a front loader, though, so it's gentler. What kind of clothes washer do you have? I think I'd try it, even with a top loader. I spray ds' really stinky hats with Charlie's before washing, and they come out great.

I use the washer but I have a plastic thing I bought at Walmart that you put the hat in to keep its shape. It was in the laundry department, kinda where the lingerie bags are kept.

I use that plastic cap holder, too. If it's really stained I spray it with stain remover and let it sit. Then I put it in the top rack in the dishwasher. I use regular dw detergent. After the cycle I set it on the counter until it's dry. Works great.