Menu

Text mistake

Some of these stories have me :lol:

Mine isn't funny but it totally freaked me out. My husband had just started working 3rd shift and I was nervous to be home alone all night with 2 small children. I hadn't been sleeping well and kept jumping awake at tiny noises. So one night about 3 am, the phone rang and I jerked awake. I didn't recognize the number but it was local, so I quickly answered it.

Me: "Hello?"

Caller (an older lady): "SARAH, GLADYS IS DEAD, SARAH!" (my name is Cori)

Me: "Ma'am, I'm so sorry. But you have the wrong number."

Caller: "SHE'S DEAD! GLADYS IS DEAD!!"

Me: "Ma'am, my name is Cori and you have the wrong number."

Caller: "NO NOT CORI. GLADYS IS DEAD!! SARAH!! I SAID GLADYS IS DEAD!"

Me: "I'm not Sarah. I'm sorry about Gladys, but you have the wrong number."

Caller: "She died Sarah!! She's dead!!"

This went on for several minutes and I finally just had to hang up. She was screaming and crying. I tried to calm her down but she was hysterical and not listening to me at all. It's been 5 years ago and I still think about that call. I didn't know who to feel sorrier for. Poor Gladys was dead and who knows how long it took for poor Sarah to figure it out. And the lady on the phone just didn't have anyone to comfort her in her time of grief.

Needless to say I didn't sleep any more that night. :blink:

Holy crap. That's horrible!!

Some of these stories have me :lol:

Mine isn't funny but it totally freaked me out. My husband had just started working 3rd shift and I was nervous to be home alone all night with 2 small children. I hadn't been sleeping well and kept jumping awake at tiny noises. So one night about 3 am, the phone rang and I jerked awake. I didn't recognize the number but it was local, so I quickly answered it.

Me: "Hello?"

Caller (an older lady): "SARAH, GLADYS IS DEAD, SARAH!" (my name is Cori)

Me: "Ma'am, I'm so sorry. But you have the wrong number."

Caller: "SHE'S DEAD! GLADYS IS DEAD!!"

Me: "Ma'am, my name is Cori and you have the wrong number."

Caller: "NO NOT CORI. GLADYS IS DEAD!! SARAH!! I SAID GLADYS IS DEAD!"

Me: "I'm not Sarah. I'm sorry about Gladys, but you have the wrong number."

Caller: "She died Sarah!! She's dead!!"

This went on for several minutes and I finally just had to hang up. She was screaming and crying. I tried to calm her down but she was hysterical and not listening to me at all. It's been 5 years ago and I still think about that call. I didn't know who to feel sorrier for. Poor Gladys was dead and who knows how long it took for poor Sarah to figure it out. And the lady on the phone just didn't have anyone to comfort her in her time of grief.

Needless to say I didn't sleep any more that night. :blink:

My stomach HURTS!!! :lol:

Once I got a call from some young teenaged boy (pre-cell phone days) asking for some girl. I told him he had the wrong number. "Well, what's your name?" I told him my first name. "Do you want to go out sometime?" (I was in my 20's, married with two small children).

:lol:

So... did you have a nice time?

:lol: (kidding, of course)

My mom was getting text messages from "Slim Shady" for awhile. It was a Detroit-area number, but I have my doubts that it was The Real Slim Shady. Especially since he would let her know what parking lot he was hanging out in.

My dad has also gotten a couple referring to him as "home slice".

Some guy in France (when I was living there) texted me telling me he felt like a cuckold!