Menu

Text mistake

Oh my!

I got a racy/raunchy text message from an unknown number today. It seemed to be a woman saying she was sorry she didn't do X with the guy but that if he gave her another chance she would consider it! :ack2:

Apparently she gave him a massage but didn't do all that he wanted.

Well, I read the whole thing wrong originally because my mind was NOT THERE! I read "message" and not "massage." I kept thinking, "Why is this person upset with me and what is he/she talking about?"

When I finally read it again I couldn't stop laughing!

I texted back and said, "You have the wrong number. I don't know who you are."

The next text I got said, "Oh, so that is how you gonna play it, this linda, man you move fast."

:lol::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

When dh and I were newly married, a guy called our number and left a message on our voicemail (landline). He (Gary) was profusely begging her (Linda) to come back (or let him back or whatever). He managed to call 3 or 4 times and never caught us at home, he always got our voicemail. He never left his number and we didn't have caller ID. I wonder if he ever figured out that he had the wrong number (or that her number had changed and we had it now?).

I am guessing she is an older lady since that name is not used anymore and most Linda's I know are 50-70 yrs old.

Maybe scoot that lower end of the range down a bit lower. I have a cousin named Linda; she should be in her mid 40's. I went to school with someone named Linda--she's a year younger than I.

Oh my!

I had a gal looking at a piece of furniture I had for sale on Craigslist. Apparently, she was looking at a few people's stuff and got our numbers confused. She texted me about how I had scr*wed her over....um, not me....you never actually bought from me!

I kind of love the misdirected texts (then again, I've been fortunate enough not to receive any really weird ones). They're just such a fascinating look into other people's lives. Sort of like seeing the inside of a stranger's house for just a few seconds. "See you at Jacob's party." So who is Jacob? Is it his birthday? Or is he leaving for a job in Riga, and you're secretly relieved because you've always found him a little overbearing? Should I take a gift?

I kind of love the misdirected texts (then again, I've been fortunate enough not to receive any really weird ones). They're just such a fascinating look into other people's lives. Sort of like seeing the inside of a stranger's house for just a few seconds. "See you at Jacob's party." So who is Jacob? Is it his birthday? Or is he leaving for a job in Riga, and you're secretly relieved because you've always found him a little overbearing? Should I take a gift?

:lol:

Are you Latvian? Just curious; I have Latvian ancestry but do not encounter many people who know where Latvia is. Maybe WTMers tend to though.

There was another girl in my old town with my same name, first and last. Apparently she REALLY liked to hang out at the clubs and bars, but I guess was picky about her phone number because it was unlisted. MY number, however, was not unlisted and I got lots of calls meant for her. This did not make DH (not married yet) happy, and I think for a long time he thought I really was bar hopping. :D

My husband kept getting from someone who would ask if he had any Lortabs for sale. :blink: He texted them back a few times saying they had the wrong number. They would respond something along the lines of "this is so and so. We met at ______'s party, remember. So, you got any tabs?" They finally stopped after he said he would take his phone to the police.

I got a misdirected sext from our neighbor last year. We had only exchanged cell numbers because his dog constantly dug under the fence between our houses. One night around 10pm I heard the beep from my phone, indicating that I had received a text, and then 30 seconds later it went beep beep beep beep!! I got up and checked and DH and I fell over laughing. They read like this:

Text 1: Wouldn't it be nice to end the night with a steak dinner and some f*replay?

Text 2: OMG I am so sorry! NOT MEANT FOR YOU!

Text 3: So so sorry!!!!!!!

Text 4: My apologies to your husband! I did not mean to send that to you!

:lol: :lol:

We NEVER spoke of it with the sexter. :lol:

I once received an awkward voicemail message from a girl who'd obviously had a good time with some guy she didn't know well but really wanted to get to know better. I wanted to call her and let her know she shouldn't waste any time pining over her one-night stand, since he gave her a bogus number, but I was too much of a chicken.

I just recently got a text from a girl saying "my husband will be out of town for 2 weeks" and went into detail about certain things that she couldn't wait to do with whoever she thought she was texting once her husband was gone. I sent something back to the effect of "shame on you". lol

I got a misdirected sext from our neighbor last year. We had only exchanged cell numbers because his dog constantly dug under the fence between our houses. One night around 10pm I heard the beep from my phone, indicating that I had received a text, and then 30 seconds later it went beep beep beep beep!! I got up and checked and DH and I fell over laughing. They read like this:

Text 1: Wouldn't it be nice to end the night with a steak dinner and some f*replay?

Text 2: OMG I am so sorry! NOT MEANT FOR YOU!

Text 3: So so sorry!!!!!!!

Text 4: My apologies to your husband! I did not mean to send that to you!

:lol: :lol:

We NEVER spoke of it with the sexter. :lol:

:lol: Bet you were wishing that text actually came from your dh! ;)

These are too funny! I don't get any interesting misdirected texts, but I got a scary phone call once. Right after we had moved, the phone rang in the middle of the night, and a woman said, "I cut my hand realy bad and I need help!" I told her she'd have to call 911. Turns out the local ambulance service had just gotten a new number, and we got their old one. Definitely had that switched, pronto!

:lol: Bet you were wishing that text actually came from your dh! ;)

That came out kinda wrong. I meant that if I was married and got a text that said steak and f*replay from my dh I'd be pretty excited. lol

I'm just going to leave this conversation alone now. lol I think I have brain fog or something. :D

:lol: . She must really think she has the right number or he gave her a variation of his number lol. I am guessing she is an older lady since that name is not used anymore and most Linda's I know are 50-70 yrs old.

Linda is literally "beautiful" in Spanish and can mean everything from "beautiful girl" to "cutie pie" to "spicy b*tch" depending on context :lol: Maybe it's a nickname.

There used to be a number in Denver that girls could give out to get guys to quit hassling them. The number was answered with a message that went something like--hi, you were given this number because the young lady thinks you're a creep and she wanted you to leave!

Dh plays along with them!! :lol: We got one where somebody called into work. Dh gave him grief for a while (saying you call in to much, if you do we will be forced to take action, blah blah blah.) Then the last one he says "Double check the number you are texting. I don't know who you are or where you work" :tongue_smilie:

I don't think we've gotten any weird texts lately but now I'm going to have to ask when I get home. :D

When DH picked out his cell number several years ago, he chose a very easy one that only has 3 different digits. Unfortunately, it seems the person that had the number before him was a drug dealer. We got a lot of very odd phone calls and even more hang-ups for at least a year.

The oddest text I got was kind of sad. This person was pouring her heart out--yes, via text :confused:--about how upset she was. They had just gotten the diagnosis that her son had autism. She went on and on in several texts about it before I could reply that I wasn't the person she thought. :(

I once sent a text that was meant for my mom to my dc's doctor. He didn't know it wasn't meant for him and, nice guy that he is, he responded. When I realized much later what I did, I laughed until I cried, but I was too embarrassed to tell him that the message wasn't meant for him. FWIW, it didn't say, "I love you" or anything like that. :tongue_smilie:

Oh my!

I got a racy/raunchy text message from an unknown number today. It seemed to be a woman saying she was sorry she didn't do X with the guy but that if he gave her another chance she would consider it! :ack2:

Well, I read the whole thing wrong originally because my mind was NOT THERE! I read "message" and not "massage." I kept thinking, "Why is this person upset with me and what is he/she talking about?"

The next text I got said, "Oh, so that is how you gonna play it, this linda, man you move fast."

You should tell her you're willing to spend the night with her if she'll do a different much kinkier activity. :p

Oh my!

LOL Ooops! hehe

I've never gotten a wrong text, but then again, I'm new to texting. hehe I've gotten voicemails though from wrong numbers. I've called them back many times to let them know in case it's important. :p

I get these once in a while. Once a woman called my cell and asked if I was Andrew's wife. I said, no, you must have the wrong number.

Then she texted me: "I know you're his wife."

I texted back, no, you have the wrong number.

She texted me: "Don't get all psycho because I'm not going after Andrew. He's not even my type and I don't roll like that."

Then later she sent me an apology text, after she finally figured out that she had been texting the wrong number.

The funny thing was that Andrew is my son, who was about seven at the time.

I get these once in a while. Once a woman called my cell and asked if I was Andrew's wife. I said, no, you must have the wrong number.

Then she texted me: "I know you're his wife."

I texted back, no, you have the wrong number.

She texted me: "Don't get all psycho because I'm not going after Andrew. He's not even my type and I don't roll like that."

Then later she sent me an apology text, after she finally figured out that she had been texting the wrong number.

The funny thing was that Andrew is my son, who was about seven at the time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That must have been so weird for you in light of your son's name! :p

I once had a voicemail from a wrong number telling a guy that he had got a job and that he was to report on Monday at such and such time. Well, I called the guy back and let him know he dialed the wrong number and that I didn't want the guy he intended to call to miss his job opportunity. The guy on the phone laughed and said, "I guess I should look the number up before I dial huh?" and then he asked me if I was a lawyer and if I wanted a job.:001_huh: I told him I was a stay at home mom and I had all the work I needed already. :p hehe

Edited by Ibbygirl

I never seem to get any, but that is totally what my mind would do!

"this is so and so. We met at ______'s party, remember. So, you got any tabs?"

"Yes, I do. Meet me in the graveyard at midnight . . . "

I just recently got a text from a girl saying "my husband will be out of town for 2 weeks" and went into detail about certain things that she couldn't wait to do with whoever she thought she was texting once her husband was gone. I sent something back to the effect of "shame on you". lol

You rock, lol.

Linda is literally "beautiful" in Spanish and can mean everything from "beautiful girl" to "cutie pie" to "spicy b*tch" depending on context :lol: Maybe it's a nickname.

:iagree:

I know a lot of Lindas... and it is a common name here in the Southwest.

My boss sent me a text meant for her fiance. It was explicit.

I texted her back "I just spit coffee all over the desk.. I'm dying here."

She called and we both just died laughing.

I've kind of been on the other side too. I was showing pics on my phone to my cousin (a girl thank goodness) and I forgot there was a photo I had taken to send DH when he was out of state hunting. I yanked the phone away and felt my face catch fire. We both laughed, but man was that embarrassing. :smilielol5:

I have a friend who is a manager who sent a naaaaaughty text to his boyfriend one night that started "I had a dream about you last night and it went like this. I did this and ...". Next day he realized that he sent it to a corporate person fairly high up the ladder from him, who was a woman. He was mortified and decided that since she didn't say anything, he would just let it go and not try to clarify, less he just insert his foot deeper that it already was. He was seriously stressed anytime he went to the corporate office (a couple times a month), fearing he would run into her.

About a year later he finally had to face her. After fearing repercussions for a full year, he immediately started apologizing, stumbling, trying to explain. He is openly gay, so at least he had that in his corner to help make the story more plausible that it was a drunk text to the wrong number, but the text was vague enough that you couldn't tell the gender necessarily.

She admitted that she deletes texts from numbers she doesn't recognize, and he was below her far enough that she didn't have him listed in her phone...so she had deleted it before she even read it.

For a year, he had worried and fretted....over a text that was never read. LOL

One night, my husband got a text that had a picture of a girl in a homecoming dress with the words "What do you think?" He didn't text back, so she texted again "Tell me if you like it!" he sent her a text saying "I don't think you are texting who you think you are texting" instead of just letting it go, she demanded to know who he was. Then he started to get paranoid, if her parents saw her cell and that she was sending pictures to some grown man's phone, he was afraid he would have some irrate dad in his face. So he texted back, after much agonizing,"Listen, I don't know who you are trying to text, but I am a married man and I don't want you to send me any more pictures" she didn't text him anymore after that.

I was getting texts from a man who was long haul truck driving for the first time (that is a lonely job). At first it was just beautiful scenery and I assumed it was from someone I knew and embarrassment kept me from asking who they were.

The occasional messages were vague enough (how's your mom doing) that we managed to text back and forth for TEN DAYS before he called and all was revealed. You would think with so much history between us we would be friends, but no....

I was getting texts from a man who was long haul truck driving for the first time (that is a lonely job). At first it was just beautiful scenery and I assumed it was from someone I knew and embarrassment kept me from asking who they were.

The occasional messages were vague enough (how's your mom doing) that we managed to text back and forth for TEN DAYS before he called and all was revealed. You would think with so much history between us we would be friends, but no....

That is TOO FUNNY!

(and totally something I would do.)

I hate it when I can't remember someone's name, so I would totally play along for awhile too. :tongue_smilie:

dh got a text from an older woman that thought he was her married daughter, when he texted her it was the wrong number, she argued with him for ex. "I am your mother, why are you denying it?" this went on for a while. Finally dh called her and she hung up on him but did stop the texting to him

Another time, my dd's ex boyfriend texted me saying "Hey J (only initial not name) I left my bike at your house". Dd had had a bad break up with him so did not want me to text him back. What was strange is that we have no idea how he got my cell phone number and that it was someone named J that he was texting and he def had not left his bike at my house. THe main thing was how did he have my cell phone number? Anyway never did hear back from him.

Some of these stories have me :lol:

Mine isn't funny but it totally freaked me out. My husband had just started working 3rd shift and I was nervous to be home alone all night with 2 small children. I hadn't been sleeping well and kept jumping awake at tiny noises. So one night about 3 am, the phone rang and I jerked awake. I didn't recognize the number but it was local, so I quickly answered it.

Me: "Hello?"

Caller (an older lady): "SARAH, GLADYS IS DEAD, SARAH!" (my name is Cori)

Me: "Ma'am, I'm so sorry. But you have the wrong number."

Caller: "SHE'S DEAD! GLADYS IS DEAD!!"

Me: "Ma'am, my name is Cori and you have the wrong number."

Caller: "NO NOT CORI. GLADYS IS DEAD!! SARAH!! I SAID GLADYS IS DEAD!"

Me: "I'm not Sarah. I'm sorry about Gladys, but you have the wrong number."

Caller: "She died Sarah!! She's dead!!"

This went on for several minutes and I finally just had to hang up. She was screaming and crying. I tried to calm her down but she was hysterical and not listening to me at all. It's been 5 years ago and I still think about that call. I didn't know who to feel sorrier for. Poor Gladys was dead and who knows how long it took for poor Sarah to figure it out. And the lady on the phone just didn't have anyone to comfort her in her time of grief.

Needless to say I didn't sleep any more that night. :blink:

I got a text that was angry about not being picked up at the airport. I sent back a "wrong number" text and got a series of angry texts saying basically what kind of *#@$ was I to leave her at the airport when she flew all the way out to see me? Lots of swearing and the implication that she had come a long way for a booty call. I again said it was the wrong number, and my husband would be mad if I went to pick someone up from the airport for the purposes she suggested. She apologized and I didn't hear back.

Some of these stories have me :lol:

Mine isn't funny but it totally freaked me out. My husband had just started working 3rd shift and I was nervous to be home alone all night with 2 small children. I hadn't been sleeping well and kept jumping awake at tiny noises. So one night about 3 am, the phone rang and I jerked awake. I didn't recognize the number but it was local, so I quickly answered it.

Me: "Hello?"

Caller (an older lady): "SARAH, GLADYS IS DEAD, SARAH!" (my name is Cori)

Me: "Ma'am, I'm so sorry. But you have the wrong number."

Caller: "SHE'S DEAD! GLADYS IS DEAD!!"

Me: "Ma'am, my name is Cori and you have the wrong number."

Caller: "NO NOT CORI. GLADYS IS DEAD!! SARAH!! I SAID GLADYS IS DEAD!"

Me: "I'm not Sarah. I'm sorry about Gladys, but you have the wrong number."

Caller: "She died Sarah!! She's dead!!"

This went on for several minutes and I finally just had to hang up. She was screaming and crying. I tried to calm her down but she was hysterical and not listening to me at all. It's been 5 years ago and I still think about that call. I didn't know who to feel sorrier for. Poor Gladys was dead and who knows how long it took for poor Sarah to figure it out. And the lady on the phone just didn't have anyone to comfort her in her time of grief.

Needless to say I didn't sleep any more that night. :blink:

That is so sad. Poor woman and poor you! I wouldn't sleep after that either. :(

Man, it's so strange in hearing some of your stories, how obstinate these callers get when you tell them they have the wrong number. Lots of suspicious people out there I tell ya! :p

These are too funny!! Except the one saying, "Saray, Gladys is dead!" That one was very sad.

Once I got a call from some young teenaged boy (pre-cell phone days) asking for some girl. I told him he had the wrong number. "Well, what's your name?" I told him my first name. "Do you want to go out sometime?" (I was in my 20's, married with two small children).

These are too funny!! Except the one saying, "Saray, Gladys is dead!" That one was very sad.

Once I got a call from some young teenaged boy (pre-cell phone days) asking for some girl. I told him he had the wrong number. "Well, what's your name?" I told him my first name. "Do you want to go out sometime?" (I was in my 20's, married with two small children).