Menu

TOG- did you buy the teacher training dvds or other speeches?

Annie Laurie

I am already blown away by all of the helps in The Loom and the helps built into the curriculum. (I downloaded a DE trial).

So I want to buy a unit to try and am wondering if the $50 purchase of all the training dvds is worth it or if a lot of that info is already in the notes and helps built into the curriculum? Would you recommend it, or not?

Also, I see some other speeches at their store that look interesting, like "Tips for Teaching a Houseful". Have any of you listened to some that you would recommend?

The one I like is probably still free here. It's titled Plan with Tapestry. I think that if more people watched this first they wouldn't be so overwhelmed and give up. I divide my "planning" differently so that I have less to do each week. I do more of it over the summer or on a week of between units.

Edited by melmichigan

The one I like is probably still free here. It's titled Plan with Tapestry. I think that if more people watched this first they wouldn't be so overwhelmed and give up. I divide my "planning" differently so that I have less to do each week. I do more of it over the summer or on a week of between units.

Thanks, I'll watch that.

Surprisingly, after years of avoiding it because it seemed too convoluted on the surface, I'm finding that it really clicks with my brain and is not overwhelming at all. (At least that's the impression I have so far after printing and organizing a lot of stuff from the trial and reading all of the stuff on The Loom. I haven't used it with my kids yet.)

That's exactly how I intend to do the planning and why I'm going ahead with buying the entire unit instead of using the trial first. We're on a break right now and I'd like to plan now and one unit isn't a huge investment to try out.

I liked the four I've seen but I have acquired them gradually by taking advantage of the free video each time I buy a unit since I bought all my units separately. They helped me but I wouldn't have paid that much for them.

:iagree: I have watched them all and found them all very helpful, but I have aquired them over time for free when I made purchases for TOG units.