Menu

Would You Say Something?

This week my youngest is in soccer camp--this is totally her "thing" and she wants to make the most of it.

There is 1 kid who's running amok and diverting the coach's attention away from the children who want to play and participate. I bit my tongue yesterday, rather than saying something to his grandmother when she came to pick him up, but I SOOOO wanted to. Already today I can hear the coach trying to keep the boy with the group, and we just started. And I know it's not just me and my daughter who notice....another mom said her son mentioned this kid, too, as we were leaving yesterday.

My inclination is not to bring it up because I don't want to embarrass anyone, and frankly I don't like dischord. But if I get as annoyed as I was yesterday, not sure if I can hold back. This camp is a big deal to my daughter, it's a paying camp, and money doesn't grow on trees. Maybe if the kids's parents/grandparents knew, they could talk to him at home.

Would you say something? Or am I being skunky?

I would complain to the camp not the grandmother. I paid the camp I would be miffed over it BIG time. No money does not grow on trees I am right there with you. Before anyone blasts about special needs or whatever I have two with special needs and I don't put them in stuff like this because of these reasons.

It is not fair to the other families.

I would complain to the camp not the grandmother. I paid the camp I would be miffed over it BIG time. No money does not grow on trees I am right there with you. Before anyone blasts about special needs or whatever I have two with special needs and I don't put them in stuff like this because of these reasons.

It is not fair to the other families.

:iagree:

I would speak with the camp counselor or even director about it. Someone from the camp should go to the child's parent and speak to them about behavior. If the kid can't be controlled in the group he should be dismissed from the camp in fairness to the other children.

It is the coach's responsibility to talk to the grandmother, not yours. If you talk to anyone, it should be to the coach or to the camp directors.

:iagree:This... I'd be furious if a parent I didn't know came to me about my child's behavior in this type of setting.

You ladies are right that the coaches should be the ones to talk to g-ma. My frustrated rant had me wanting desperately to say something, but even at my most annoyed point, the most I'd say is, "Lil' Timmy kept running away from the group and having the coach chase after him. It sure didn't seem safe." (And hope they got the point.) I'm really not confrontational.

However--and it seems I'm in the minority--I'd want someone to tell me if my child was being disrespectful/disruptive, as long as they weren't jerks about it. At that point I could either A. decide they were full of turkey doo and ignore them, or B. apologize to the coach and have a talk with my kid.

My whole thing was wanting the best experience for my baby--as do other parents--and one person really was ruining it for all. And the sweet coaches (there are only 3 for the whole camp, and they all look young/inexperienced) really seem too polite to say anything.

However--and it seems I'm in the minority--I'd want someone to tell me if my child was being disrespectful/disruptive, as long as they weren't jerks about it. At that point I could either A. decide they were full of turkey doo and ignore them, or B. apologize to the coach and have a talk with my kid.

I'm one that wouldn't want you to say anything to me... unless I knew you at least on a "well known" acquaintance basis. Then it would be okay. But not from someone I didn't know. Hard to explain why, mostly due to people who expect "perfect" behavior, and if I didn't know you, I wouldn't know if you were like that or not. I'd figure if the coach hadn't said something, then it can't be bad.