Menu

Oral Creative "writing" program? Pre-reading?

Ecclecticmum

My daughters had some hiccups with reading, we're slowly getting over the bumps, but until shes at a stage where she knows what she's writing, its difficult to find something for meantime.

slowest-reader-ever.jpg

*lol, sorry had to add that. So cute.

We were using FLL & WWE, for personal reasons both her & I don't feel FLL is right for us, and with WWE, for the sentence she would be writing, she's concentrating on writing each individual letter rather than the word, so will get 1/3-1/2 the way through the sentence before going "mummy, where am I up to? :001_huh: " :( poor darlin', so we're dropping that too, as I don't see the point of her writing out something that she doesn't even know what she's writing.

But I digress. She LOVES telling stories, loves me writing them down, likes doing the pictures from it, does daily "plays", dances her stories etc. I would love to find a program/curriculum/something that would give more ideas and work more with "that" part of the equation. Its something she obviously loves doing, and the current curriculum is just doing the opposite for her.

In regards to our new LA program: (to answer any questions before they arise) we are going to do a local phonics program and just stick with that. When we get upto a point where she feels comfortable we'll add bravewriter products (I already have them thanks to HSBC :tongue_smilie: ) as I feel BW is more the loose, creative flow she needs.

Back to main topic: I was looking at getting Mind Sparklers (Prufrock Press) for a family thing next year, is there anything similar (preferably in downloadable format, since I would like to start soon and am in foreign boondocks land :tongue_smilie: ) that I can add in that can inspire or add some sort of creative/dramatic pre-writing stories etc into our day

(sorry if I don't make any sense, its late here)

Disclaimer:

138485757261161653_DUq77pnC.jpg

Right,....I think I've had too much caffeine for the day. :tongue_smilie: Thank you for reading and I appreciate any replies :D

Thank you.

Its a pity its not downloadable (all other WS products are on curriclick). And everytime I mention WS1 (I wanted to do it last year) people seem to have negative views (very vague, CD full of someone rambling and coughing, not many ideas etc) :001_huh:

I found Tin Man Press. :001_smile: It seems to be really hard to find Creative/Dramatic "thinking" type thing (which I guess is what I am after). Its a real pity Mind Sparklers isn't D/L.

I did like the funny sample of WS1 (climbing over the room mess), but really don't want to spend the dollars to ship it since it seems to get so many negative reviews (there was something also about most of them being similar, so a "sample" wouldn't show that either) :(

Thank you.

Its a pity its not downloadable (all other WS products are on curriclick). And everytime I mention WS1 (I wanted to do it last year) people seem to have negative views (very vague, CD full of someone rambling and coughing, not many ideas etc) :001_huh:

I found Tin Man Press. :001_smile: It seems to be really hard to find Creative/Dramatic "thinking" type thing (which I guess is what I am after). Its a real pity Mind Sparklers isn't D/L.

I did like the funny sample of WS1 (climbing over the room mess), but really don't want to spend the dollars to ship it since it seems to get so many negative reviews (there was something also about most of them being similar, so a "sample" wouldn't show that either) :(

Hmm...I had no idea it has so many negative reviews. I liked it and so did my son. I know what you mean about the shipping though. I couldn't get the grammar program I wanted for my son because it cost so much to ship.