Menu

Pain Medicine Advice

I had surgery yesterday on my deviated septum. My nose is sensitive to touch or movement, but I don't have much pain right now. I actually have more pain with a sore throat than anything right now. I had to have a breathing tube because I've been having reflux lately. I go tomorrow to the ENT to have the stints removed. I'm thinking that is going to be painful, so should I take the narcotic they gave me before going to that appointment? If so, how long before the appointment time? They gave me Lortab, and I've never taken a narcotic.

Lortab should help you feel better, but it can make you sleepy. You may want to try a half of a dose and see if that works better for you.

So you can break the pill apart? It does have a little score line, although, it's fairly thick. Do you think I should try some today to see how I react before taking it tomorrow?

If someone else is driving, I would. At the least, I'd take some ibuprofen or the like, in a prescription dose, preferably.

Yes, someone else will be driving. I fall asleep easy and was very difficult to wake up from the anesthesia, so I'm concerned it will put me to sleep and I won't be able to get in or talk to the doctor much.

I can't take ibuprofen type medicines because they thin your blood and nose surgery causes a lot of bleeding anyway.

I'd take one today and see how it works. Loritab made my dh dizzy, nauseous and he almost passed out. You don't want to do that in the car, dr.s office or anywhere else.

Ooohh! I don't want to do that here either. Maybe I will start with half a pill.

Ooohh! I don't want to do that here either. Maybe I will start with half a pill.

he was upstairs on the couch and started to come downstairs, I found him kneeling on the landing grey-white in color. I didn't know whether he was going to pass out or vomit. And I couldn't decide which was going to be worse!!!!:tongue_smilie:

he was upstairs on the couch and started to come downstairs, I found him kneeling on the landing grey-white in color. I didn't know whether he was going to pass out or vomit. And I couldn't decide which was going to be worse!!!!:tongue_smilie:

I'm so glad he didn't fall and get hurt! I tried half a pill at lunch time and feel that it really did nothing to me at all, even help with any pain. Since that didn't even make me drowsy, I'm going to try a full pill after dinner. I'm having a lot of pain in my neck and around my mid section. I tried to sleep propped up on the couch last night, so I don't know if I was in a bad position or not. I'm going to try sleeping in the recliner tonight.