Menu

Gpt a friend who is pulling his 5th grade son out

happycc

of this private school that is supposed to help kids with reading problems using Orton Gillingham or something like it and he is not making any progress with reading comprehension and placing him in a public school. They live in Hawaii. What do you recommend for this father to do with his son in regards to reading comprehension at that age.....

I am thinking in my head narrations. He says his son can read well and decodes and such but can;t comprehend stuff.

What do you recommend for this father to do with his son in regards to reading comprehension at that age.....

He needs to know this will truly be his job. By 5th grade it would be a very rare public school environment to help much with comprehension. Once he picks a program, he needs to plan a set schedule they can both stick with and just keep at it and at it and it. If his child gets a good teacher, they should be able to work together as a team, but I wouldn't count on it.

unfortunately for this child the dad goes off to afganistan every so often --he is a doctor in the army.

And his mother--well lets just say she is not a someone who really cares about her son right now. NO consistency, No discipline, No attention.

Divorced situation.