Menu

DD12's plans for her future

Apparently, my 12 year old has figured out her future...

She's going to live close to home for a while, working at a pet store, fish store, or aquarium. She wants to stay close to home to be able to see her little sister, who is 9 years younger than her, grow up.

Then she is going to move to Florida, preferably Sanibel Island, in a little house on the beach. She'll work in a pet store, fish store, or aquarium while collecting a massive collection of both found and bought shells. When she has enough shells and money saved, she is going to open her own little tourist shop that sells tourist gear and shells.

She's going to have a boy and a girl, in that order, so the brother can be protective of his little sister. She'll homeschool them.

She is also going to pay to move me and DH down there so we can babysit and change her kids' poopy diapers.

She will retire on the beach next to a lighthouse.

At least your dd wants to stay near you! My dd14 is going to go to college and medical school to become a psychiatrist. She will visit occasionally but doesn't want me to expect her home every weekend and all school holidays. When she graduates, she is going to move to England. She will wait until then to fall in love because she wants to marry an Englishman. If she has kids, it will be only one. She has offered to Skype with me every couple of weeks but doesn't want me texting all the time and smothering her.

She assures me she loves me and she doesn't feel I'm overwhelming her. She is just really looking forward to being an adult and living her own life.

At least your dd wants to stay near you! My dd14 is going to go to college and medical school to become a psychiatrist. She will visit occasionally but doesn't want me to expect her home every weekend and all school holidays. When she graduates, she is going to move to England. She will wait until then to fall in love because she wants to marry an Englishman. If she has kids, it will be only one. She has offered to Skype with me every couple of weeks but doesn't want me texting all the time and smothering her.

She assures me she loves me and she doesn't feel I'm overwhelming her. She is just really looking forward to being an adult and living her own life.

My oldest is this way. She wants to move to Japan. Bah!